The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Just picked up an Aspen White Exige from a LotusTalk member about a month ago. Previous owner left some useful mods on the car, and definitely tracked it like it was built for.

Just dropped the car off @ Newport for the dealer to check out a small oil leak I noticed by the left oil cooler. This car was part of the vin batch that has that oil cooler/line recall notice. Meanwhile, I've been surfing the forum and familiarizing myself with DIY maintenance threads. Want to get a good once/twice over on the car to make sure I'm mechanically good to go....and then eventually start familiarizing myself with it on some local Speed Ventures autoX events.

I've been a 6 yr owner of a '94 Mazda Rx-7 before letting the car go for the Lotus. Previously owned an AP2 S2000 for a couple years, and currently share an '06 Nissan 350z and '91 Mazda Miata with my fiance...with our one practical car being a '10 Subaru Forester for our grocery getting, carpooling, and typical hauling of everyday items.

Hope to meet some of the locals at C&C Irvine sometime soon, and learn from the community.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congrats on the pickup! We have a small crew that usually makes it to c&c every week. Check the thread in the California section for details. An FYI though - be careful having Newport work on your car. Some Lotus owners have had extremely poor experiences there. I can't say first hand, but some other members may chime in. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Another woman in another 06!! w00t! Welcome!! :clap:

I knew the car/owner from many Speed Ventures HPDE events at Buttonwillow. Hope to see you out there with it soon. Congrats!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ chris2pher, thanks for the heads up re: Newport. I'll be cautious working with them. Prefer learning how to do most things myself, but I figured this was a necessity for recall inspection. Maybe I'll try Van Nuys next time something like this is involved instead (I believe they're the next closest one?).

@sb67 - Hi! Strange question for you - but do you know someone named Carlo? I know a Carlo at work, and he mentioned he had a female friend with an orange Exige who let him drive it once....

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If there's ever any major maintenance you want done but aren't comfortable doing it yourself, hari at a1 smog is THE place to go to for quality work at great prices. Worth the drive to Sgv for it. Vsa is another good one it looks like...

You made the right call though on that leak since if is in fact related to the oil system only a dealer can do the recall work

Congrats on the purchase I'm sure you'll meet most us soon. I'll pro ably be at cc next week

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Vincent took immaculate care of the car and I'm sure you will enjoy it :) Hope to see you at some track events

·
Registered
954 Posts
@sb67 - Hi! Strange question for you - but do you know someone named Carlo? I know a Carlo at work, and he mentioned he had a female friend with an orange Exige who let him drive it once....
I don't see that as a strange question at all! Especially not compared to some of the other questions this car draws... ;)
But no, that's not me. Mine's yellow, and as a rule, I don't let other people drive her.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I'm female and have an orange Exige and have let a few people drive it, but no one by the name of Carlo.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@sturgeongeneral: right on. I'm planning on picking up a pair of ramps soon to back the car up on and make life a little easier to do all my maintenance.

@invictusmaneo: thanks for the tips. SGV isn't much of a drive for me at all, so I'll "bookmark" that as a place I can rely on.

thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. nice to see a strong showing of socal owners on the board. i'll have to make a mention to my coworker next time to see if his friend's on LT as well. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts