The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob, Been looking for an Espirit for a while. Anyone know the black 02 anniversary edition that just ended on ebay?

Is there a place on the forum to research cars?

·
Super Moderator
4,044 Posts
Noob, Been looking for an Espirit for a while. Anyone know the black 02 anniversary edition that just ended on ebay?

Welcome - I'm not familiar with the 02 car - I believe it's been on eBay off/on for the last year. Actually, a good intro to Esprit ownership can be found here:

The Lotus Esprit Fact File

Please give us some background and we can respond more precisely.

Are you looking at V8s only? Specific model? etc.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Welcome!
As Eddie mentioned, The Esprit Fact File is excellent and is where a lot of us got our start.
Lotus Esprit World is another excellent source with a wealth of good Esprit information too.

Lotus Esprit World

Roy

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I know of a Red/Tan '99 V-8 for sale in New Jersey with 20K miles. No matter what you find you NEED someone who knows what to look for to look over ANY prospective car.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yup exactly what everyone said. Wish I would have been on here first before I bought mine as it had issues but now that I am here the fellas have helped me big time to get the car sorted and now running well.

Hope you find one, these are fun cars for sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i actually think that black one that just ended was in texas. The other black one is in like wyoming or idaho. I think the later is still on autotrader.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here's a link to the ebay listing.
Lotus Esprit 2 Door Coupe | eBay

From the pictures it looks like they were taken when the car was new. The seats show no wear. Plus the background looks like someplace more tropical than St Paul MN, especially this time of year!

Changes from '00 to '04 are:
Esprit.JPG

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Here's a link to the ebay listing.
Lotus Esprit 2 Door Coupe | eBay

From the pictures it looks like they were taken when the car was new. The seats show no wear. Plus the background looks like someplace more tropical than St Paul MN, especially this time of year!

Changes from '00 to '04 are:
View attachment 356370
Curious, no photos showing, how they

"..added 8" sub-woofer behind passenger seat."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the input. Did get hold of the seller. Pics are when the car was basically new (500 miles) in Florida. Car is in Minnesota now. There's a dealer near by so I guess I could do a PPI there. Really need newer pics if I get serious. Really just trying to see if this car had any history to it, like stay away!!!

Don't know if it helps but here's the VIN:SCCDC08242HA10356

·
Registered
222 Posts
With the VIN you might be able to get some information directly from Lotus at [email protected] or 180024LOTUS.
Might also be worth linking this thread with a new topic in the Regions section Regions - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community. Maybe someone there would be willing to volunteer to do an initial check for you, and provide pictures/video of the car running.

Thanks guys for the input. Did get hold of the seller. Pics are when the car was basically new (500 miles) in Florida. Car is in Minnesota now. There's a dealer near by so I guess I could do a PPI there. Really need newer pics if I get serious. Really just trying to see if this car had any history to it, like stay away!!!

Don't know if it helps but here's the VIN:SCCDC08242HA10356

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,101 Posts
Maxvelocity (Cal) and Esprit2 (Tim) are in MN and might be able to arraign an inspection or PPI. The LOONs (Lotus Owners Of_the North) are a great bunch.

Shoot them a PM.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
The LOON's have been discussing this car. South Saint Paul is 15-20 miles east of me and 30 miles of Tim. It is in LOON territory. The owner is not a club member. There are some who are not into the club thing so there are a few who for whatever reason choose not to join. This car was for sale in the fall and did not sell. Tim did say he sent this person an email but he did not respond as of yesterday

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your help! Been in contact with the seller. Currently trying to get some newer pictures. Wondering if it has been driven on salt covered roads.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Thanks for all your help! Been in contact with the seller. Currently trying to get some newer pictures. Wondering if it has been driven on salt covered roads.
Ahhhh no.....People in MN do not drive Esprit's in the winter. It is not only bad for the car but a very dangerous thing to do. A light car with fat summer tires is certain death in winter conditions. Tires do not even heat up to operating temps during winter. That Esprit has been here for 10 years @ 20K miles=average 2K miles/yr. Straight pleasure driving during good weather and weekend jaunts is what I suspect, I doubt he even drove it to work.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, lately we haven't even had much of a summer and we definitely don't drive sports cars unless there's zero snow out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The concern is for salt left on the roads. During winter. After winter. Whenever.
I, for one, don't drive mine until not only the weather conditions are spring-like, but the roads have received a good 3~4 rainy days to make certain there's no salt to kick up.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
We don't run till the spring rain too. But more important the sweepers must first come through to clear the winter debris off the roads. MN has road care like no other because our weather is so severe. The I've seen 3-4 sweepers run in staggered formation just as our snow plows do in winter to clear snow they are the same drivers. We drop sand and gravel at high rate during winter so they must be picked up lest we slide and have other cars fling gravel at us.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That sounds absolutely barbaric! :)
Funny thing. We had a decent break in the wintertime activities on Saturday, just before the next round of winter snows and frigid temps were forecast to hit on Sunday. Quite a few 'vettes, a few BMW Ms, and even a sport bike were getting in a couple hours of fun. I was thinking 'why?'. Don't they know the roads are corrosive? It's just not worth it to me.

We don't run till the spring rain too. But more important the sweepers must first come through to clear the winter debris off the roads. MN has road care like no other because our weather is so severe. The I've seen 3-4 sweepers run in staggered formation just as our snow plows do in winter to clear snow they are the same drivers. We drop sand and gravel at high rate during winter so they must be picked up lest we slide and have other cars fling gravel at us.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Don't they know the roads are corrosive? It's just not worth it to me.
Absolutely, In MN once the roads go white (salt) the season is over. Many cities refrain from an early salt drop to conserve resources for deep winter. So for us that usually mean from around Thanksgiving to end of March is storage time. Some years are better, some worse. That is when many of us work on our cars to prep them for the next driving season, sharpen our skills, or just talk car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts