The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks pretty hot in silver. :up: I'm liking this Elan design, just wish it had a different name.

(I feel the Elan name should have been reserved for a smaller convertible type car.)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Looks pretty hot in silver. :up: I'm liking this Elan design, just wish it had a different name.

(I feel the Elan name should have been reserved for a smaller convertible type car.)
+1, I wish Lotus would have called this something else as well.

It is cool looking, but seems to be more Italian/Asian than British...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wonder how they're going to make this a 2+2 .. doesn't look like much room to play around with. What exactly do they have under that front hood? It seems like a lot of dead area (or maybe a big trunk?)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I like the mirrors. wish i knew more about it.
they do look a bit small...
..but if they're camera's, where's the screens for them in the interior shots?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

Considering it's not coming out for a couple of years, they could just call it an Evora. :)

But, yeah, I'm waiting for this or for the new Elise. Sigh. Three to four more years to go. :(

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like the Elan!

Interior looks fine. But I suspect this will have to change a lot. Hasn't anybody noticed all the interior design flaws? Here are some of the obvious design spoilers:

1. No door handles?

2. Elliptical steering wheel? I guess it's to be able to see the speedometer.

3. No place for a nav display unit? Maybe it's next to the speedometer? I terrible place IMHO (passenger can't help with the nav).

4. No speakers in the door, or anywhere else?

5. No seat belts?

6. A and B pillars are way too thin, if the car is supposed to be rigid.

Ok, said enough...

I am sure they will come out soon with a more realistic interior and exterior design.

I hope that dash won't be all electronic though, I prefer real dials.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think I see the door handles. They're covered by a colored flap (like a 1980s Subura XT).

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Responses inline.
I like the Elan!

Interior looks fine. But I suspect this will have to change a lot. Hasn't anybody noticed all the interior design flaws? Here are some of the obvious design spoilers:

1. No door handles?
Yes there are... Look again.

2. Elliptical steering wheel? I guess it's to be able to see the speedometer.
Not sure what you mean. It's a very racy wheel, not too different from the Evora's.

3. No place for a nav display unit? Maybe it's next to the speedometer? I terrible place IMHO (passenger can't help with the nav). Passenger helps with NAV? I would have never thought of that... Although I can see the point, but that's really not an issue.

4. No speakers in the door, or anywhere else? Maybe it's closer to the footwell.

5. No seat belts? Seat material is made of a nanotubular chameleo-bat gel that will grip you buns based on your EKG readings.

6. A and B pillars are way too thin, if the car is supposed to be rigid. C'mon..nanotubes???? Remember?!

Ok, said enough...

I am sure they will come out soon with a more realistic interior and exterior design.

I hope that dash won't be all electronic though, I prefer real dials.

·
Registered
270 Posts
1. No door handles?
Yes there are... Look again.
Hm. Not sure. You mean the metallic handle that is supposed to open and close the door lock from the inside? Try to close a door with that type of handle (e.g. the Evora inside door lock handle) and you see what I mean. Pulling a door lock handle to close the door doesn't allow the lock to engage. There are some clever solutions to this of course.

Maybe it could be done with mind control -eek-

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hm. Not sure. You mean the metallic handle that is supposed to open and close the door lock from the inside? Try to close a door with that type of handle (e.g. the Evora inside door lock handle) and you see what I mean. Pulling a door lock handle to close the door doesn't allow the lock to engage. There are some clever solutions to this of course.

Maybe it could be done with mind control -eek-
Look closely and you can see the outline of the door latch. It looks like it is a spring loaded panel cover.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts