The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all out there, I´m recent owner of a europa Twin Cam and need to know where I cand find a new girling brake master cylinder...

I will attach some pics of the car later...

Regards. Raúl.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome Raul,

The only place I know of on your side of the pond is Richard at Europa Engineering in England (Welcome to Europa Engineering). I don't know if he'll have the same cylinder or an equivalent one, but he probably knows more about Europas than anybody. He also has a lot of cool upgrade kits.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I talked with Richard yet, and the brake master cylinder is out of stock at this moment...

POWERTRACK it is closed fro holidays until 15th of august, that is my last chance to obtain it.

Any advise from USA to looking for over there??????

Regards, Raul.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Raul and welcome to the forum. I don't have a solution to your master cylinder problem, but the people at Dave Bean or RD Enterprises may have some suggestions for you. I believe the Europa master cylinders are getting hard to find, but there are alternatives in use. On my car the brake boosters have been removed and the master cylinder has been replaced with a Lotus 7 unit with a smaller bore (to compensate for the missing boosters). I think there is a Nissan master cylinder that is sometimes used as well, and I'm sure there are others. Try contacting the people at the links below for suggestions;

r.d. enterprises ltd. Home Page
Dave Bean Engineering, Inc. The Official Vintage Lotus Car Parts Distributor

Also, here is a Europa dedicated forum getting underway that you may want to check out Lotus Europa Community - Index

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Raul,

Is it a dual circuit master cylinder or a single circuit one ? Single circuit ones are easily available, dual circuit not so much. There are some alternatives which could be made to fit with modifications I guess, although it would also depend if you had servo assistance in the system.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts