The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I just bought a Lotus Elise a few days ago. It's my new daily driver and so far I love it. Since I moved to Hawaii four and a half years ago, this is my fifth car.
I came here with an '03 Mustang GT, which I sold for a '00 Viper RT/10. A friend of mine apparently didn't think I needed the Viper any more, so he did me the favor of parking it inside of a BMW 5-Series while he was driving me home. I was heavily intoxicated, by the way.
So, to replace the Viper I got a Mercedes CL600. A few months after that, I got a call from a friend of mine back in Seattle who was selling his '88 Ferrari Testarossa for an amazing price, so I bought that and had it shipped out here.
Meanwhile, the CL600 started having a bunch of small issues, which quickly turned into a bunch of big issues that added up to about $12k in repairs. So I traded the Benz in on an '07 yellowish Elise with 6k miles on it.
I'm not entirely sure what color to call the Lotus, though. It's mostly yellow, but there is definitely orange in it. And it's got some metallic flake. It's more the color of a caution sign than yellow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Solar Yellow.

Nice car, ditch one of the Lotus badges from the rear of it though.

Looks obscenely crowded with both the ACBC, AND the L O T U S.

Like the Testarossa as well, was looking at one here, but it sold rather quickly.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Congrats.

But what's with your pose? Get off that island. There are no good roads to drive that thing!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice cars!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stupid pose

No invisible suitcases and I don't work out. It's really just me being a jackass.:shrug:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome! You'll find driving the Elise more fun than the Testarossa. A yellow Elise just says a friendly "hi" against your Testarossa's menacing "Humpf." ;)

A lot of great roads to drive the Elise. Can you ship it to the Big Island so you can drive down Saddle Road? Or along the coast. Those would be great drives!

I agree with taking off the Lotus badge, being too busy in the back. Too bad the Ferrari badge on the side can't come off, it detracts from the lines of the Testarossa's all black body. :sad:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Solar Yellow.

Nice car, ditch one of the Lotus badges from the rear of it though.

Looks obscenely crowded with both the CABC, AND the L O T U S.

Like the Testarossa as well, was looking at one here, but it sold rather quickly.
Yeah, take the badge off but what's CABC or do you mean ACBC?

·
shay2nak
25,127 Posts
love the black testarossa. only color it should be bought in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may be slightly biased, but I have to agree about Testarossas in black. White looks good, too.
The top's still on because I went parasailing and swimming with the sharks a few days ago and have a killer sunburn on the top of my head. The sun hurts right now.
I live in Kailua.

·
Registered
214 Posts
have a killer sunburn on the top of my head. The sun hurts right now.
I live in Kailua.
Worst sunburn I ever had was falling asleep at Kawela Bay--in January. Years ago. Top of my head. I realized I was starting to lose my hair.

I envy you--there are plenty of roads on Oahu to drive. The scenery of things like the Pali can make up for insufficient miles.

Beautiful cars. Just be safe--those are serious machines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts