The Lotus Cars Community banner

261 - 280 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe i won't be able to get my order in before any price changes, but i feel compelled to ask a few more reliability questions. hope they haven't already been asked.

what is the contact info for the bulb and ballast manufacturer(s)?

exactly what is covered by the warranty and how is a claim filed (to somewhere in the US)? any cost involved?

i think you said .1% failure, but over what period of time? how long have these ballasts been on the market?

thanks...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
maybe i won't be able to get my order in before any price changes, but i feel compelled to ask a few more reliability questions. hope they haven't already been asked.

what is the contact info for the bulb and ballast manufacturer(s)?

exactly what is covered by the warranty and how is a claim filed (to somewhere in the US)? any cost involved?

i think you said .1% failure, but over what period of time? how long have these ballasts been on the market?

thanks...
The contact information for the manufacturer is not published, but is included in the box with your order. They are produced by DDM

The warranty covers the bulbs, ballasts, and wiring for the lifetime from manufacturers defect. IE: if a bulb just burns out, its covered. If you drop a bulb on the ground and it breaks, its not covered. To file a claim, you can either contact me and I will take care of it, or if you cannot get a hold of me, you can contact the manufacturer. I/They will give you an RMA number, you send the item in (bulb, ballast, etc) and you get a working one back. The only cost to you is to ship it in.

The .1% fail rate is correct. This kit has been on the market for over 7 years, and they are shipping well in excess of 20,000 kits per month, so there are a lot of them out there with very few problems.

·
Registered
388 Posts
35w, 4500k HIDs

I received the HIDs on Saturday but didn't want to wait a week for my day off to install them. So today at 7am before leaving for work I put them on. It took a little over 2 hours and I didn't really run into any issues. I followed these instructions and mounted the ballasts on the side of the oil coolers without having to pick up a drill.

In typical Lotus fashion the lights aren't quite aligned but I don't really care. I light up stop signs when I'm a block away and no longer hate driving fast at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
That looks insanely bright, did you go with 35W or 55W 4500K?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Now that we have 40+ orders do you think that the lifetime warranty and rebate should be in order? I know of another vendor doing 140 shipped without the price hike with direct manufacturer lifetime warranty on the very same kit shipping from the same warehouse (Apexcone in San Diego). The forum has given you plenty of business, we should get the best deal available.

I also found directly on the distributors site that they sell the very same kit for $120 at a "higher retail rate" plus 25 for lifetime warranty and wholesale prices are much cheaper. That puts it at 145+shipping including lifetime warranty, what is going on here?

I'll refrain from posting the links for now. I hate to stir the pot but are we really getting the best deal for all these orders?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #266 (Edited)
Now that we have 40+ orders do you think that the lifetime warranty and rebate should be in order? I know of another vendor doing 140 shipped without the price hike with direct manufacturer lifetime warranty on the very same kit shipping from the same warehouse (Apexcone in San Diego). The forum has given you plenty of business, we should get the best deal available.

I'll refrain from posting the link for now.

1. As I told you in the PM, that person does 8x the volume that I do, so can offer a slightly lower price
2. That person does not offer the 55w upgrade, so if you want that from them, you are SOL (from browsing their website)
3. That person took over 72 hours to respond to you, I don't think it has ever taken me more than about 6-8 hours to respond to messages.
4. I am on this forum to provide direct customer service

The bitterness of poor service lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.

I have setup a GB with the best terms that I can offer. If you do not feel that they meet your expectations, you are free to go order from elsewhere. That is the beauty of a free society.

Matt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I received the HIDs on Saturday but didn't want to wait a week for my day off to install them. So today at 7am before leaving for work I put them on. It took a little over 2 hours and I didn't really run into any issues. I followed these instructions and mounted the ballasts on the side of the oil coolers without having to pick up a drill.

In typical Lotus fashion the lights aren't quite aligned but I don't really care. I light up stop signs when I'm a block away and no longer hate driving fast at night.
That looks great. Glad the install went well.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's the "best" deal in the world price wise.

It matters only that it is a decent enough deal to earn the business from a bunch of us, that the man offering the deal seems to be sticking to his end of it in an exemplary fashion (at least so far no evidence to the contrary has been offered), he also seems to be completely open with any and every inquiry, and so he deserves to have us stick to our end of the deal in return.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Maybe I'm just not used to paying Lotus tax on generic items that are available from various different sources. :rolleyes: By the way after reading the manufacturer website I believe the kits are made in China/Taiwan rather than Japan (resulting in superior quality) as communicated to me via PM which is kind of disturbing. I hate being mis-informed. I'm getting my kit tomorrow, but everyone should do their own research instead of taking someone elses word for it. But we'll just all install our kits and go on our merry way.

www.apexcone.com

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
How much do you save by ordering with them? $15?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Maybe I'm just not used to paying Lotus tax on generic items that are available from various different sources. :rolleyes: By the way after reading the manufacturer website I believe the kits are made in China/Taiwan rather than Japan (resulting in superior quality) as communicated to me via PM which is kind of disturbing. I hate being mis-informed. I'm getting my kit tomorrow, but everyone should do their own research instead of taking someone elses word for it. But we'll just all install our kits and go on our merry way.

www.apexcone.com
Hey, if you feel you were lied to, then you have my moral permission to request your order be cancelled.

Otherwise it's not right to jerk your order and badmouth a supplier just because you searched around and found a better price after you made a purchase.

xtn

·
shay2nak
25,039 Posts
anyone have a pic comparing 6k with 8k?

well found something...I guess the road looks pretty blue anyone with 8k can you chime in? I bought 8k for low and 6k for high. Afraid 8k might be to bling. :shrug: LOL although I do have blue LED parking lights - not bling, right? 8ks will probably match much better with the blue LED lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
update:

ALL boxes say 35w on them. If you look at the black ballasts, the 35w ones say 35w on them. The 55w ones do not say either 35w or 55w on them. They say nothing about wattage.

Just FYI since a number of people have asked.

261 - 280 of 436 Posts