The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To who ever wonder if they must go with HID, Go Go Go is my answer.

I bought an ultra slim ballast Kit on ebay for the low beam. I took the 6000K color temperature. I got it for 102$ Shipped from Hong Kong! What a nice deal ! I still dont beleive it. It's a stole at such a low price hahaha. I like the quality how it is build, look very nice and strong. I may be wrong but who cares. If they fail after 2-3 years at that price I'll just buy another kit and thats it.

At the same time I did change the parking light for leds, the license plate light for leds as well and the high beam halogen bulb for 4300-5000K with a blue tint on it. To complete the perfect leds kit, I also got 2 small black leds lamp that have the shape of a puck.You need to push on it to ON/OFF the light. There have a 3M tape on the back side and you just mount it wherever you want. I did mount one inside the car roof and the other one in the rear hatch to light up the engine and the trunk at night. Those are just perfect cause they are cheap, easy to install and they light up really really good I mean what can I ask more. We all know that the stock light inside our car is very crappy and I didnt want to remove the seats and the plastic behind the seat to install a led in it. (www.superbrightleds.com)

I also removed the day running light to preserve my HID Kit from premature failure. I prefer that way now I can only use my parking light during the day or at the dawn if I want. It took me only 5 minutes to disconnect the DRL green wire. Once the driver side plastic pannel is removed, just take a look with a flaslight toward behind the cluster and you'll see the green cable and connector. I've been able to reach the cable with one hand and the connector came off easily. I used a small piece of black tape on the male connector. Thats it.

I've order a pair of chrome stealth bulb on ebay for 13$ that you can also find at www.xenonmods.com but I'm still waiting them at this time. The turn signal light are a bit more tricky to remove. There have a small hole in the front bumper to insert a screwdriver in it and push toward the light on the plastic clip to pop off the light.

Here are some pictures of the result. I'll post a pict of the chrome bulb as well as soon as I get them.

The car is stored on a four post lift and place is missing in the garage to get better angle picture. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is some more.

Pictures dont do justice. The camera cant show what we can see live.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice.

This thread is not for the dyslexic;

Hit kid

say what? You hit a kid? And you are talking about lights?

[Emily Latella voice:] Oh, never mind.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
At the same time I did change the parking light for leds, the license plate light for leds as well and the high beam halogen bulb for 4300-5000K with a blue tint on it.
Nice! What was the part number for the license plate light? I'm going to switch over to LEDs there too.

We all know that the stock light inside our car is very crappy and I didnt want to remove the seats and the plastic behind the seat to install a led in it.
The interior light pops out into the cabin... very carefully pry it out by the sides, and you can replace the stock bulb with a wedge base LED, i.e. WLED-W5.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The interior light pops out into the cabin... very carefully pry it out by the sides, and you can replace the stock bulb with a wedge base LED, i.e. WLED-W5.
I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Do you mean that I can replace the bulb into the stock dome behind the seat without removing anything ? Just by twisting the clear plastic on it ?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! What was the part number for the license plate light? I'm going to switch over to LEDs there too.

Quantity: 2Product: 3910-x6 LED Festoon bulb $ 1.95 (each)Options: White 3910-W6 1.75

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Cool - did you flatten your lights so they don't point up to the right? maybe they are like that now for 07s, or maybe because its a canadian car ?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Do you mean that I can replace the bulb into the stock dome behind the seat without removing anything ? Just by twisting the clear plastic on it ?
If you carefully use a screwdriver (or better yet, a plastic trim removal tool) along the outside of the black bezel of the interior light (where the red arrow is pointing), the whole assembly will come out into the driver's compartment. The bulb is accessible on the back of the assembly. See the drawing below...

Quantity: 2Product: 3910-x6 LED Festoon bulb $ 1.95 (each)Options: White 3910-W6 1.75
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool - did you flatten your lights so they don't point up to the right? maybe they are like that now for 07s, or maybe because its a canadian car ?
What mean flatten your lights ?

I dont think they point up to the right on the garage wall ( very close ) but I'll have to see in may when the car will be outside what it look like on the street.

Did you have any problem to align your lights straight ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
is that an mr2 under there?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NoFear99

What kind of led did you use in your upper running lights (in the headlight housing)? They look a little blueish on my monitor - do they match the 6K or are they whiter or bluer?
I would say that they are bluer than my 6000K. You are right. Not the same color.It is not a perfect match but still great.

Here is the model I took from superbrightleds : WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You actually crawl up and onto your lift to get into your car?
Yep, absolutely. I have a ladder in the garage and I work on my car at the second floor. hahahaha

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
APK919,

Thanks for the info about the interior light. I already removed the light earlier and I ordered a Wled-x5 on superbrightleds. Now I'm gonna have the choice of the light I want.

;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
What's the part number for the halogen high beam bulb?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts