The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. I would like some opinions on the following HID kit for an Elise:

eBay Motors: H1 H3 H7 H8 H9 H10 H11 H13 HID CONVERSION KIT XENON (item 160233858981 end time May-01-08 13:32:25 PDT)

I am suggesting this kit to everyone because it is inexpensive and it works well, at least in my opinion. I have purchased a set from this seller for my Crossfire, and they look great and they do not throw any codes on the dash. I purchase 5000k bulbs. Anything more and I feel you won't see much down the road. Basically, I am posting this to figure out if the Elise needs any special needs in order to have HID low beams. Furthermore, searching the forum for the bulb size of the low beams on the Elise confuses me...some say it's an H1 - sized bulb, others say its an H3 - sized bulb. Which one is it? Thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? One of the first words on the ad says they are plug and play.

What are the benefits of a plug and play kit anyways?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont see anything that says NO CUT for Lotus'. h1 is h1??? I know that 2005 and 2006 low beams use H1 bulbs (thats what I meant). I got a DDM also.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I had these and you dont have to cut but they blow fuses and the bulbs burn out. One of mine just went out yesterday and I ordered the kit from the guy doing the most recent group buy on here for like 130 dollars or something.

These have giant ballist and the quality really sucks. That being said they did last for 8 months.

Did not mean to rain on your party.

Its an H1 bulb that you need.

Josh

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had these and you dont have to cut but they blow fuses and the bulbs burn out. Mine just went out yesterday and I ordered the kit from the guy doing the most recent group buy on here for like 130 dollars or something.

These have giant ballist and the quality really sucks. That being said they did last for 8 months.

Did not mean to rain on your party.

Josh
Well there ya go. Sometimes its true, " you get what you pay for". :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts