The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put some 8000k in my 06 elise.....wow. Maybe just my opinion but really steps up the look alot.and obviously the piss poor stock lighting. Anyways the install is a joke but i dont have a garage to work at moment(traveling all year) So if anyone wants a very clean install hit Kenny at Concept racing up in plano.Just a little shop on 15th but hes good, $400 after install....fair i think.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
you've actually made lighting WORSE installing 8k bulbs.. Higher Ks is NOT better.. around 4300k provides the best output which is why all OEM use bulbs around 4300..

leave the 6k and up bulbs for the civics..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe true but not worse than stock. i see MUCH better now so go figure...and 8k looks good in my opinion, just a slight blue tint.
High performance and stylish, or just better performance ...... Im happy with my choice.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I actually think 5000K is about the brightest, "truest" white and have them in my Elise. No (no flame, just IMO "silly") blue tint that also cuts down on the full illumating spectrum. Did it with the dabears2k guy or whatever his handle was and it was relatively easy - about 2 hours or so to do low & high beam. Doing it right did require a hole & grommet in the underside of the clam where the headlamps mound for the extra ballast wiring. Locals are welcome to check it out and see what they think.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
depends what 8k you get. 8k 55W will put out more than 6k 35W, for example. I have 6k 35W now and wouldn't mind it be brighter and a little bluer, so I got a set of 8k 55W. havent installed yet, because the double sided tape is still holding the ballasts like a mug. I wouldn't mind trying 5k 55W, I'm sure that's bright as hell.

I've got 6k 55W also, new in box? wanna trade for 5k?? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have the 55W 5K bulbs and they light up highway signs well before dark. My gettin'-older eyes like the extra illumination

1 - 6 of 6 Posts