The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had so many people point to the Starshield seam/edge and ask if that is a big scratch on the car. :(

The seam is very noticeable, particularly on my color, Magnetic Blue. Some wax build-up shows the edge even more.

I just happened to have some black pinstriping laying around, so I put it on the edge of the seam on the front of the car. Had it on for a few days now and it's growing on me.

Hides the transition line from Starshield to bare paint. Since my car has a lot of black-on-blue trim, it looks almost stock and it does highlight the nice curve of the fenders. :D

Here are some pics. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
So that's what my car would look like if it was washed...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Eyebrows? :cool:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Is that a big scratch along the spine between the vents?:p

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like your car. I like the color, but I'm not sold on how that line looks.

Looks like you did a pro job putting it on..so, at least it looks really clean.

But, I think your better off removing it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a big scratch along the spine between the vents?:p
Yeah, I missed a spot!! :thwack: :thwack:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
A for creativity, but doesn't work for me. The Starshield lines are the least offensive. The groove/depression across the nose (absent on the Exige) and the horizontal joints/lines on the front quarter panels need more attention.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gee, I like it. I have to agree with you. It actually does accentuate the curves of the car. I've always thought the same thing about the seam the starshield creates, almost a toss-up between that and scratches.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Not a fan either, but as someone who has mag blue, the seam is very apparent, much more so than on most of the lighter colors, including chrome orange, etc...

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
At first glance I'm not real big on it. It's better than I thought it would be though. It may even grow on me over time. maybe use it to cut the whole car up in sections, like the pink pig Porsche race car!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I kinda like it. It really is a pro job too!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I have had so many people point to the Starshield seam/edge and ask if that is a big scratch on the car. :(
With Storm Titanium it doesn't show up nearly that much, but I have had one person ask me if it was a scratch.

I just said, "Yup."

xtn

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think I would've liked it if you hadn't done such a killer job on it, :up:

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
It looks way better than I thought it would, that's for sure. Great job Wayne!

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,108 Posts
at first glance it looks like it's sectioned off into extra panels... does look better than I first imagined. Since it's a Lotus, no one will give you a hard time for it, and if you ever get bored with the look you can remove it like a band-aid.

any pics from the side? I wonder how the extra seam compliments the seams around the door...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts