The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend i noticed what appeared to be smudging inside the high beam housing. So when i took the cover off, i noticed that it appears that the reflective foil around the high beam bulb is actually coming off or turning a brown color. The outside of the housing is actually turning this red-brown color also. Has anyone had any experience with this? It definitely sounds like a warranty issue, but wanted to get some relevant feedback as my car is going in for service soon. I'm also curious why this happened, and how they actually "coat" the headlight housings in the first place....The other high beam housing looks like it has some imperfections in the coating also, although not visibly coming off or turning color (yet). Could these develop into a similar problem and should that one also be replaced?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Warranty. Get it while you still can.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link....i'm not sure we're talking about the same issue though. I've heard of the headlight ring recall, but that pertains (or so i think) to the low beam lens assembly. The cracking/flacking/discoloration i'm referring to is on the inside of the high beam housing, adjacent to the high beam bulb. The outside of the covers are also discolored.

here's a picture which will hopefully help clarify.

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Well, that's not the recall item, but it should still be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i figured as much, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience since i know how "warranties" sometimes work....

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
hey, like i said, i'd try the warranty thing, the original bulbs were still in there.

anyway to take this way off topic:shrug: which one of your rear tires was worn more, when i got home saturday i noticed my passenger side is way more worn than the other, wouldn't have looked if you didn't bring it up, just wanted to see if there's something in it

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alan....you hijacker LOL.. the passenger wheel is the primary drive wheel on our cars, so hence, more wear. I'm going to flip mine around when i put them back on the rims this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts