The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I've been thinking about buying a 2nd hand Elise for quite some time and have decided to finally bite the bullet and get one!

The cars I'm looking for are late S1 or ideally early S2, but many of them have done 40k miles or more. I just wanted to know, will a car with that many miles still feel tight or does the Elise not cope with that kind of mileage so well?

Apologies if this question has come up already.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
This is a popular topic. You might try the search function to reveal even more.

I bought my '05 Elise in February 2007 with 18,000 miles. Now it has 32,000 miles on the ODO. I put approximately 1000 miles a month on it. Still runs great. We looked at the cam wear at 30,000 miles and there is no detectable wear!

--Hal

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I've been thinking about buying a 2nd hand Elise for quite some time and have decided to finally bite the bullet and get one!

The cars I'm looking for are late S1 or ideally early S2, but many of them have done 40k miles or more. I just wanted to know, will a car with that many miles still feel tight or does the Elise not cope with that kind of mileage so well?

Apologies if this question has come up already.

thanks.
Where are you located? S1's are not street legal in the US.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Are you looking at the S1 and 111S? Sounds like you may be in europe? If so you might want to check out seloc.org, they have a lot more info about non-federal elises. Elisetalk has really no info on them since they are not legal in the US where many members here live

good luck!

·
Registered
856 Posts
A. You are going to get flamed HUGE for starting this thread, there are about 100 threads almost exactly the same as this. Here at LotusTalk, Search is your friend. Expect about 10 more replies containing only this information and nothing more. FYI, go to general discussion and pan down there are a few on the first page alone.

B. Welcome!

You are mentioning S1 and S2, where are you located? Here in the states, we only have the the S2 111R Federal. That may help you make your decision on what to get since you would never be able to drive an S1 except for track days.

Dave

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, I thought I'd get flamed for this!

I'm in the UK, so lots of S1s to look at as well as the S2 which I'd prefer.

Anyway I've done some searching and found some answers, no more newbie threads I promise!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
We've got ~50,000 on ours and it is tight as a drum. When appropriate, I will beat the hell out of it and it seems flawless. I just had a pretty knowledgable mechanic go through it and he didn't find any problems.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
No flames.

Just don't buy a car`that's been tracked or had obvious body damage.

Otherwise, they are great.`:clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts