The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
They totally fall apart after about 37,359 miles.........kind of like the car in the Blues Brothers. :rolleyes: but seriously, someone will probably know this car with that many miles on it.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Same as an 06 elise, just has had more downforce applied to it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Whats your opinion on high mileage exige's. How do they hold up generally? Found this and its local to me, im going to take a look tommorow. Anything i should look for specifically? Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Wow! If it checks out, that's an amazing price. Sure, people here will talk about it having "high" miles but the engines in these cars are toyota and will run for quite a while. Additionally, that car still has a little warranty so anything that isn't abused would be covered. You could probably get a car with under 5k miles for $5k-$7k more but it all depends on your budget and what you will be doing with the car. I say get it checked out and buy it before anyone else sees that price!

·
Registered
351 Posts
While many forum members have high mileage daily driver Elise/Exige here... nothing can be said for sure that how they are going to hold up, let's say, past 50K or even 75K miles.

I'm betting that it ought to be just fine. The car is fairly simple and has Toyota powertrain. :shrug:

Like somebody else pointed out... "if it checks out OK" then go for it. I would. :up:

Whats your opinion on high mileage exige's. How do they hold up generally? Found this and its local to me, im going to take a look tommorow. Anything i should look for specifically? Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
Perhaps its a function of spending too much time on this Board, but I remembered this Car from another Thread, and was able to locate the thread (yes, indeed, "search" can be a friend).

Anyway, to save you the trip to Riverhead to look at the car, take a look at this Post from a fellow member "NOB," on this thread http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2006-exige-new-low-54522/

HTML:
It hurt to let her go!!!!!!!!!! 

This was my car. I traded it twards a Yukon XL for the wife to be. I can say 
that I enjoyed it thoroughly!!!!!!!!! Yes I did take a loss 
but know that I will replace it with something better in about a year, 
give or take six months. I'm not sure if it will be a Rossion or a Noble m400. 
By the way they listed it for about 500 dollars lower than they gave 
me on trade in. Also the exhaust was a custom made (I made it with my 
friend who owns a mineke) its not a twin tip its a 2and a half inch with an 
old school thrush 3 chamber that burned itself holow. It sounded beautiful!! 
As for the brakes they were stock with race pads. the clutch was soft and 
from the pictures they put some cheap tires on it. The windsheald was also 
cracked when they took it. God do I miss her!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Her name was bitch and I'll always love her!
I think this Car has been sitting in Riverhead for over 6 months, and it does not sound like it "lived the good life" before that.

ANDY

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I honestly can't believe you think a car with sub 40k on the clock is high mileage rotflrotfl That's barely even run in! :crazyeyes

Glol...

I've seen Lotus's over here with well over 100k on the clock and still running like their brand new. There is one guy in the UK called Wallsy and he has now clocked up 250k on his!!!!!

I appreciate for the year its higher than average... But seriously, cmon!

I've had 2 Loti that have been over the 40k mark and there has been sod all wrong with it :up: Cars don't self conbust because of the mileage..

A car thats got 50k on it and has been properly run in and treated well will be 100000000 better than one with 1k on it thats been thrashed round a track and abused since the first mile - fact.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Awesome. Is Wallsy a Forum member and what does he have... S1/S2 and with what motor?:clap:

I've seen Lotus's over here with well over 100k on the clock and still running like their brand new. There is one guy in the UK called Wallsy and he has now clocked up 250k on his!!!!!

I've had 2 Loti that have been over the 40k mark and there has been sod all wrong with it :up:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
While many forum members have high mileage daily driver Elise/Exige here... nothing can be said for sure that how they are going to hold up, let's say, past 50K or even 75K miles.
(waves hand and points two lines down!)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Awesome. Is Wallsy a Forum member and what does he have... S1/S2 and with what motor?:clap:
He isn't a forum member on this site but is a couple on the UK...

I actually meant to type Walshy.. :wallbang:

He does Lotus handling/driving courses (type him into google).

He is the man everyone goes to see to learn how to handle such a great machine!!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yes, I think ...m... has one of the highest mile S2 Elises in the US...and its "aging beautifully" according to her. :D

·
Banned
874 Posts
The avg. price is its mileage! lol seriously. I'm pretty sure they'll give you 32K for it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm in total disbelief when I see people refer to 37k miles as " high milage".

As a toyota fan, and having owned camrys that have run well beyond 200,000 miles, I'm compelled to ask, " what makes some of you think that 40k miles is high milage on a Yota engine?

I've seen c5 corvettes with over 200,000 miles on them and still running strong.
I just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i think its just because the mileage on these cars severely effects the resale value more than say a camry. im in the market for an elise/exige and id like to find one with less than 10k miles. im looking at one right now with 13k miles and im reluctant to buy it because of the miles. I totally agree with you about toyota engines being able to last forever and i also thought it was ludacris to consider a vehicle with 35k miles "high mileage" when i first started shopping for loti, but i quickly learned that this is an entirely different world than most car drivers are used to living in ;)

not to mention this is not your average daily commuter to get you from point A to B, this is a track car. so like someone stated above 30k track miles is not exactly the same as 30k miles driven to soccer practice.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Roughly 31k miles on my '05 daily driven Elise and no problems. Regularly in the 2nd cam once she's warmed up and she always wants to be in 'play mode'. It would be more of a concern around 60+k miles and there were no records or if it was a tracked car as I understand they loosen up a LOT (especially the steering racks) when tracked.

No sweat on the miles if the car is in good shape. By the message above, this one might not be...

I have seen a pair sold locally that were virtually worn out with under 4k and under 7k miles. The 7k was a red one that had been repo'd from 2 of it's 3 owners before the 3rd owner traded it in. Rough would be an understatement... I doubt the car had ANY services in that 7k miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts