The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get a shout out from everyone with a high mileage Lotus. How many miles are on your car? Toyota motor, right? These things aren't just for show, right? I'm only sitting at 44k on my '05 Elise but I can't stand seeing it and not driving it.

I'm interested, anyone over 200,000?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lol^ I'm at 88k nothing major, most parts were replaced with superior modifications before they were even an issue. Regular track and street use.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Im at 108k. Just recently started to experience intermediate ABS light and speedo/fuel disconnection. The speedo and fuel turn off when I go over bumps and such, I plan on tearing it down and possibly doing some soldering.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm over 75k on my 05 Elise. No major issues with the car, just standard wear and tear + maintenance items; oil changes/trans/brakes/tires. Everything has been pretty darn sound for the car itself.

I did have to fork out about $3k in early August. Car has had a bad vacuum leak and I knew the source was broken stud on the intake mani. Not wanting to deal with it myself, paid to have the supercharger dropped. A broken S/C support bracket caused 3 of the mani's studs to shear, so those had to be extracted/replaced as well as the superchargers bypass valve that developed a leak. Had them change the fluids and got a new set of shoes while she was there.

Other than that, meh...pretty minimal stuff. The S/C has been on the car for 40-45k miles. My Evora is pushing 46k....and thats a WHOLE 'nother story in terms of fixes and crap going wrong. Night and day difference between the two cars.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just a 97 Esprit here. 47,000. Love to drive it. The anal Ferrari owners who won't drive their's over 500 miles 'cuz it might lose value can go suck eggs

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
217,000 km on a 2009 Elise.

On the whole it has been reliable. I drive mine through the winter and it does have some rust now.

The A/C stopped after 4 years and ABS a few years later.

I've had some recent work on the suspension including new shocks/dampers and new tie rods.

I've also recently replaced the front wheel bearings. One was causing a droning sound.

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
2006 SportElise with 81.5k miles

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just passed 80k miles on my 2006. Previous owner campaigned it in autocross for three or four years and I've done something like 35 track days with it. Replaced the camshafts (complicated by bad parts from Toyota), had failures of hub carrier bolts, and now just broke a motor mount in a spin when running slicks. Normally I run my track days on pretty hard tires, so I'm not getting such extreme forces on the car, but I couldn't resist a deal. So the cheap slicks aren't so cheap after all, lol. I had been thinking about upgrading the motor mounts and now that decision has been made for me.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just passed 20k miles on my 2006. Wish I had more time to drive it, but I've got a 1200 mile road trip planned this month down to the Blue Ridge parkway during the leaf change...

·
bSpoke
8 Posts
60k ‘05 Elise and looking to drive it 2 days a week. In 5yrs I might be pushing 80k and hope it’s still reliable.

·
Registered
308 Posts
05 with 108k miles, Only problems so far is intermittent speedo/ABS light and failed coolant thermostat. I think the connections behind the speedo needs to be soldered again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Kudos to David for going over 200k. Never heard of anyone over that threshold. I am approaching 100K on my 06 Elise and I was curios to check if we have a count of how many are over 100k.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The '97 Esprit V8 now has 50,000 miles on it.....and it's stronger than ever from having the right rebuilds/work/parts/tires on it. I find on track is generally the best place to find the next weak link which promptly gets repaired. So, thank you turn 4 at Daytona. Ferrari owners that have something like less than 500 miles on them may think they're retaining value but what they're really missing is not only the real joy of owning their car but likely driving skill too.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Wish I could say it was one one but over 86k on an 05 Elise, 10 Evora, and 11 Evora S. .
40 track days on Elise flawless
6 on Evora flawless
62 on AS and counting needed a zip tie on MAF.....I'd say pretty flawless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts