The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how many of you guys here on the boards have a good amount of miles on your elise or exige? Did a bit of searching but didn't come up with anything. Is there a "record" or anything? -poke-

I would imagine if maintained properly the drivetrain should last a while, no?

Thanks!
Morgan

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Just curious, how many of you guys here on the boards have a good amount of miles on your elise or exige? Did a bit of searching but didn't come up with anything. Is there a "record" or anything? -poke-

I would imagine if maintained properly the drivetrain should last a while, no?

Thanks!
Morgan
I think I remember reading about a 50,000 mi. car at least two years ago on here, out in CA. Who knows what it's up to now?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Several (2 or maybe 3) cars that have been discussed on LT have gone over 100k.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i know of at least a couple who have bested 100K; no major problems...

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
60k here:shift:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I gotta say I was not expecting all these Cam failures and transmission, clutch isssues from Toyota. I was ready to bite the bullet on the Elise, I even got the loan already.
I know not every car will suffers from this but from the posts it seems like alot of you are seeing these problems, even when driving the car moderately. this will be my daily driver that will see the track about 4 times along with about 5 autoX a year , so i can expect the little normal problems to occur but these sort of problems especially at such low mileage are begining to make me look elsewhere.

I had my heart set on the elise, there's no other car i was really considering except maybe a 993 or possibly a first or second gen MCoupe but i havent even been looking at those thinking ill be driving a Lotus by the end of this month. Im trying not to get caught in the hype but i need to be well informed before commiting to the Elise.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I gotta say I was not expecting all these Cam failures and transmission, clutch isssues from Toyota. I was ready to bite the bullet on the Elise, I even got the loan already.
I know not every car will suffers from this but from the posts it seems like alot of you are seeing these problems, even when driving the car moderately. this will be my daily driver that will see the track about 4 times along with about 5 autoX a year , so i can expect the little normal problems to occur but these sort of problems especially at such low mileage are begining to make me look elsewhere.

I had my heart set on the elise, there's no other car i was really considering except maybe a 993 or possibly a first or second gen MCoupe but i havent even been looking at those thinking ill be driving a Lotus by the end of this month. Im trying not to get caught in the hype but i need to be well informed before commiting to the Elise.
A really quick inspection can diagnose any problems. If you're buying used, any of those problems will almost certainly be there already if you are going to suffer them at all. Don't let them scare you. If you buy, let's say a 20k mi. car, and the cam lobes are fine and there's no synchro issue, you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
282 Posts
can you hear or feel the cam issue in any way? or should i have the valve cover pulled before for inspection?
BTW i went for another test drive yesterday and theres no way im passing up one these cars. first one I've diven with the sports package. the suspension felt so much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts