The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the custom work we did on our latest XP exhaust, I've been thinking about doing a custom run of quieter 2 stage exhausts. These will be re-buildable, based on the same tech we use for our ST-5. These will still have good sound under WOT, but not beat you to death on the highway and help keep the sound down at tracks. There are a few different groups I am thinking about:

1. Stock header. This would be 2.5" ST-5-like exhaust, but longer with 90 bend at the end. Should drop a couple more dB.

2. DMC header. This would be a custom U-Bend that replaces your current one. It would move the exhaust mounting location to the left a few inches so the canister could be a few inches longer. Again a bit quieter.

3. DMC Header 3". This is for big power TVS400 and RevX customers. This will be a custom U-Bend that tapers up to 3", shifts exit to the left a few inches, and has a longer canister with 90 degree exit. Above stock TVS400 91 Octane levels, the 2.5" exhaust starts becoming restrictive at higher RPMs. Our Optima Car and XP car are 3"

So post and let me know if you're interested and which you are interest in. Option#1 would be similar or few $$$ more than the ST-5 Options 2 and 3 would be a few $$$ more for the bigger canister and add on the cost of a new custom U-bend for the DMC header. I may also be able to do a custom bend for the Larini Header as well. Once we decide to move forward, I will ask for a small deposit to separate the serious from the casual, and then get to work!

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would fit into your casual and not serious category of buyers right now, but would be interested in a lightweight, QUIET race muffler in the future.

I removed a lightweight race muffler and installed a stock Exige S muffler because I couldn't handle how loud it was. I hate that I added 25-30lbs to the ass-end of the car, but I will keep it on there until I can find something quiet, lightweight, and rebuildable.

·
Vendor
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would fit into your casual and not serious category of buyers right now, but would be interested in a lightweight, QUIET race muffler in the future.

I removed a lightweight race muffler and installed a stock Exige S muffler because I couldn't handle how loud it was. I hate that I added 25-30lbs to the ass-end of the car, but I will keep it on there until I can find something quiet, lightweight, and rebuildable.
What exhaust did you have previously?

·
Registered
57 Posts
What exhaust did you have previously?
I'm not 100% certain, but it looked identical to the Quicksilver Sport exhaust with dual slash tips. The ad for the muffler said that it was civilized at lower RPM's. I disagree - it was never civilized.

Here is a video (not mine)

·
Vendor
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is #1 and kinda #2 option like the ST-7 config that used to be out there? Basically it was a longer ST-5 diameter muffler?
Yep. Length and volume are key for sound. Hence the pricing being similar.

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
Fred, as usual, is providing great options for the Lotus community. Keep up the good work!

As for me, I'll keep it loud...thank you. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts