The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well just got back from visiting a friend and having some fun :coolnana:
I always thought my mind came up with the greatest thoughts when i was blazed so here goes...

Are all hermophidites gay?
I mean because they were never really defined as a woman or a man.
I know they do hormone therapy after they are born to lead them in one direction but later in life once they get married and such... wont they always be gay no matter what. :confused:

Another thing, what's up with this pregnant guy?
I mean he's got a wang.
Must get some weird looks at the health club...

My favorite:
How can we understand the mind?
To understand the mind we need to understand the inner workings of ourselves. To say you are going to understand yourself means you are going to have to understand how the world works including all the human beings within. Because the mind isn't such a falible thing because we exist in a reality of humans, which consists because of the mind. It is interesting that no one has been able to understand the mind because they have not been able to pinpoint the point or reason by which the mind existed. What is it about the mind that makes us or makes us work? If no one could actually understand this thing, then how do we know it exists? Do the things around us actually exist or are they brought on by an imaginary thing. This bring on the question of What is real? and how are we to know of that....

Wow i apologized for having wasted 20 seconds of your life....

Peace
Jon

·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts
Jon -

Put down the joint and walk away.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
1) Depends how you define "gay". Many transgender people do not consider themselves gay. There are many types of people that fall into the transgender category, some of which may have both male and female genitalia or ambiguous genitalia and identify with one particular gender and be only attracted to one gender - depending upon the combo many would not consider that gay.
2) Pregnant dude. Share the wealth I guess...
3) Yes...more or less. We can understand a lot about the mind. That is what psychologists have done the past couple hundred years. We have a lot farther to go though...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I was at a stop sign waiting for it to turn green. :p

·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
My favorite:
To understand the mind we need to understand the inner workings of ourselves. To say you are going to understand yourself means you are going to have to understand how the world works including all the human beings within. Because the mind isn't such a falible thing because we exist in a reality of humans, which consists because of the mind. It is interesting that no one has been able to understand the mind because they have not been able to pinpoint the point or reason by which the mind existed. What is it about the mind that makes us or makes us work? If no one could actually understand this thing, then how do we know it exists? Do the things around us actually exist or are they brought on by an imaginary thing. This bring on the question of What is real? and how are we to know of that....
MIND, n.
A mysterious form of matter secreted by the brain. Its chief activity consists in the endeavor to ascertain its own nature, the futility of the attempt being due to the fact that it has nothing but itself to know itself with. From the Latin mens, a fact unknown to that honest shoe-seller, who, observing that his learned competitor over the way had displayed the motto "Mens conscia recti," emblazoned his own front with the words "Men's, women's and children's conscia recti."​
-- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

·
Registered
693 Posts
Alright well just got back from visiting a friend and having some fun :coolnana:
I always thought my mind came up with the greatest thoughts when i was blazed so here goes...

Are all hermophidites gay?
I mean because they were never really defined as a woman or a man.
I know they do hormone therapy after they are born to lead them in one direction but later in life once they get married and such... wont they always be gay no matter what. :confused:

Another thing, what's up with this pregnant guy?
I mean he's got a wang.
Must get some weird looks at the health club...

My favorite:

Wow i apologized for having wasted 20 seconds of your life....

Peace
Jon
Not all hermaphrodites are not "gay". They are simply born with both gender organs. Mentally they are very clear on which sex they prefer. Most often they will have surgery to become one or the other. This is usually combined with androgany where they share both hormones. In both cases they usually prefer one or the other.

The pregnant guy has issues with his identity and this had become more and more magnified with the recent media coverage. He recently tried suicide because of the stess it has been putting on him. Mentally he wants to be a man, but has recently stated that he wanted to carry the baby till birth. He is more of the exception and has serious issues mentally that will require treatment.

The human mind is seperated from other species in that we are one of the few species on earth that have "self awareness". This is critical in understanding our own existence and the building block of which through evolution we have come to determine what is reality. We don't need to fully understand how the mind works to know that the things around us really exist. Self awareness tells us that "we" exist therefore so do others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts