The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the new threads, sighting and news reports of Lotus crashes, it got me thinking which car has the highest total loss percentage. Anyone have a clue? I know that many Enzo had a really short life span and I think there were only 300 of those made.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
i would think the F40....if you have one now and you crash it...you should just hang yourself lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'd vote for the Chrysler Norseman:

The Story of Ghia & Chrysler

Can't do much better than 100% destroyed, can you? There must be many more examples like this.

But then again, maybe you meant "production" cars, whatever that means. What's your minimum number produced requirement?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd vote for the Chrysler Norseman:

The Story of Ghia & Chrysler

Can't do much better than 100% destroyed, can you? There must be many more examples like this.

But then again, maybe you meant "production" cars, whatever that means. What's your minimum number produced requirement?
Yeah only production cars count. If that was the case I would add the Koenigsegg CCXR. The only one made was crashed during a photo shoot. I think its still going into production though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i would think the F40....if you have one now and you crash it...you should just hang yourself lol
are you for real? theres substantially more expensive cars than an F40

what about the Ferrari 250 that was in a hit & run at the concorso this year (not a total loss obviously, but a substantially more expensive car)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
are you for real? theres substantially more expensive cars than an F40

what about the Ferrari 250 that was in a hit & run at the concorso this year (not a total loss obviously, but a substantially more expensive car)
i know what you mean....but

lets say you have an F40 and your driving around and crash it for a total loss. Do you really care how much the value of the car is....i hope not...i would think that what the car meant to you would be much more than the monetary value of the car.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I read sometime last year on this forum (someone posted an article) that the lotus elise has the most wrecks to insured vehicles ratio. Like insurance companies expect 25% of lotus owners to wreck the car .

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
veyron bugatti?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I read sometime last year on this forum (someone posted an article) that the lotus elise has the most wrecks to insured vehicles ratio. Like insurance companies expect 25% of lotus owners to wreck the car .
That cannot be right! That would imply that many owners could crash more than once before the car was totaled. Please post a link to said article.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Im sure they didnt include all cars in that... I doubt it costs most to insure a 350z than a lamborghini.
I actually spoke to an insurance agent about exotic cars (not that i'm buying one anytime soon). He said the owners usually have multiple/many cars, and the exotics are pleasure/low mileage cars... So, premiums aren't as bad as one would think if you insure an exotic for low mileage use and you also happen to have a garage of 5-10 or more cars...

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
when my step dad bought his charger srt-8 the dealer sales man told him that only 60% of vipers ever make it home from the dealer the day its bought, guessing that 40% of the people are not used to 500hp and 500ftlbs of torque...crashing on their way home rotfl

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
when my step dad bought his charger srt-8 the dealer sales man told him that only 60% of vipers ever make it home from the dealer the day its bought, guessing that 40% of the people are not used to 500hp and 500ftlbs of torque...crashing on their way home rotfl
i'd believe those numbers are right too. I've driven a viper twice and DAMN that car is soooo hard to handle. If your not a experienced driver (driving similar poweful cars) your gonna crash.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'd believe those numbers are right too. I've driven a viper twice and DAMN that car is soooo hard to handle. If your not a experienced driver (driving similar poweful cars) your gonna crash.
Yeah I can believe that as well.... I have driven an 08 Viper with 600hp. All I can say is :panic: :crazyeyes......... I have never done crack or heroine but it cant possibly compare to a Viper. And I mean that in a good way. Its a great car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the rare honor of putting a dent in a viper rim.
Sorry Mr. Curb.. back tires came out from under me =(

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Caparo T1... You don't even have to crash it to destroy it. It'll set itself on fire...or something. It costs almost half a mil US$.

hahaha..true that. Its a nice car though except the whole catching itself on fire thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts