The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The scene in SPR with the knifing I found the most harrowing.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need4Speed said:
The scene in SPR with the knifing I found the most harrowing.
Ditto, that's one movie I wont watch a second time.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I thought the first half hour of SPR was the most riveting (recreated) war footage I'd ever seen...but the infantry assault on the gun emplacements in BOB was right up there. Outstanding in widescreen w/surround.

For a very different war film experience, try The Thin Red Line. It got slagged on a bit - I think wrongly - due to misplaced expectations, and it's grown on me with time. Zimmer's score is exceptional, Toll's work a wonder, and Malick has a unique talent.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Story has been archived already.
Anyway, the story was about the Argylle and Henderson Company, 30 brits in Land Rovers got ambushed, called for back up, realized that they were in tough spot, fixed bayonets and charged. No casualties vs. 39 KIA on the other side. The article attributed this to their regular training in close quarter hand to hand combat.
It was brilliant actually, they turned the tactical situation by placing the enemy in a position that they were not trained to take care of; instead of hunkering down and getting pounded while the back up got there.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
So easily I get distracted... (e.g. Page 3)
-eek-
Helps keep you abreast of foreign affairs though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts