The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
950 Posts
I have one. It's great looking splitter and functional. For less than $1k carbon fiber I think it's really cheap, and ready to be bolt on. The Fiberglass like mine shaped the same, but to looks good need to be painted. Unless you don't really care about appearance like me, it gives great downforce around the track.

·
Registered
712 Posts
How far back does the splitter extend under the front clam? I like this splitter too, but the price kinda scared me away.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one. It's great looking splitter and functional. For less than $1k carbon fiber I think it's really cheap, and ready to be bolt on. The Fiberglass like mine shaped the same, but to looks good need to be painted. Unless you don't really care about appearance like me, it gives great downforce around the track.
Do you have some pics you can post? Thanks for the info.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Silver Surfer, please elaborate!

·
Registered
712 Posts
GP, Silver_Surfer and I were planning on building splitters for the chin spoilers we already had. He's just saying we could still do that with this one.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Thanks Almighty,

Can you make me one out of fiberglass?

Does it bolt to the crash structure?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Full disclosure: Myself nor Silver_surfer can work with fiberglass or are master fabricators...yet.

Also one of the reasons why we were thinking about doing this was to give a little added protection to our fiberglass clams. I suppose if our abilities allow it and all of the moons and stars are in alignment, the splitter would be designed much like the NCI spoiler. Meaning it would replace the front undertray.

Honestly though if the NCI spoiler reappears, I would just get that. It's very well designed.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have the same one, and it has lasted a whole year on the car (aprox 12,000 miles)

I have scraped hundreds of times and it did not crack :) this winter I took it to a shop to get it painted again ( it chips from all the rocks- so having a clear bra will help )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts