1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
442 Posts
That would have made a good stablemate to the Elise! I kinda wonder if you'll be happy with the Elise as a replacement for that beast. Good luck with the sale.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I don't know what the EVO market is like..but most modded cars sell for the most money if you convert back to stock and sell off the bits. Takes more time though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You car is awesome, but there i no way you're getting 30k unless you part it out, and I'm still dubious as to whether or not you could get it then. Good luck though.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
au111- as far as power, no, the elise wouldnt satisfy me and neither did a stock evo....i have a 600hp cobra to compliment the elise when it arrives...

stan- yeah, ur probably right....ill go this route and if i dont have any luck, then maybe ill go the route u suggest....its a hassle either way.

del- its worth about 26k bone stock.....im starting offers around 4k over that for 16k worth of mods....lets see what happens...
maybe ur right, maybe not...

thanks

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Some Questions.

why do you have 780cc injectors? It says you're making 450 on pump gas, is that an estimate or dyno? If dyno what sort?
How's the idle? Is there a lean tip in? What model Walbro? Size and flow?

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went with the 780's cause thats what martin musial at ams wanted me to put in with my set up....martin is known for his tuning work with the evo engine and is an authority on tuning the aem ems setups. he tunes these engines from coast to coast....i ask him "whats the best setup?" and he tells me and thats what i got....i believe its easier to tune my setup with those injectors then say maybe the 650's or 680's....
thanks...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
With those injectors, how does it idle? Is he running it open loop or closed? Is your fuel rail stock?

The tubular manifold, it looks to be stainless from the pictures. I assume it is? What grade steel, do you know? Equal length? Do you know who built it? Any problems with cracking?

I think I see an external gate, is that a Tial or other? Are you using the gate spring to control boost or do you have manual or electronic means?

Also I had a few more Questions in my above post. If you wouldn't mind touching on those too it'd be great!

Not a tire kicker, I know someone looking, they've asked me to help them.

Thanks!
Jenn

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it idles almost like stock....even with the big cams....
very streetable....almost like it came from the factory that way...
i have not dynoed my particular car....my shop has a 2 wheel dyno and its expensive 350-400 bucks to convert all wheel drive to 2 wheel drive just for a dyno figure....
there are other cars out there with similar setups that have dynoed, and thats where they are at.....
feel free to call a.m.s at 847.709.0530 and talk to eric....
ask him about evomind's car....(mike)

if one so desires, with the standalone kit like i have, pay martin a few bucks and he'll tune it with c16 and ur looking at around 550hp at the wheels.....
a guy i know has my setup and c116 and hes in the high 10's...

its a great car, nothing wrong with it, but i cant keep it, the cobra, and still buy the elise.....one has to go....

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh, no problem.....some of the more technical tuning questions i would have to defer to them, so i was trying to be upfront and show u i have no qualms with anyone talking to the folks who put it together.....
ill pm u my phone number....

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reread the posts...seems i missed a few questions....
ill try to answer them all...(its tough cause im at work, bear with me)
heres what just the turbo kit includes, it will answer some of ur questions...
-AMS 304 SS Thick Wall Tubular header
-Garrett GT-Series Turbo Available with and without ball bearings in a size that suits your application and horsepower expectations
-SS 3" Tubular O2 housing
-SS 3" Downpipe
-Tial 38mm Wastegate (circulated back into the downpipe to keep the volume toned down)
-Lightweight 3" or 4" intake pipe with K&N cone filter for either MAF or standalone ECU applications
-Lightweight Aluminum Lower Intercooler Pipe
-Braided SS Oil Feed and Return Lines
-Braided SS Coolant Lines
-Slim line fan
-All necessary hardware and gaskets

in addition to the supporting mods already mentioned on the ebay post...
i do believe they are equal length headers...built by a.m.s., 2 year gaurantee, just installed last month...
it is a tial, and im using an electronic boost controller mounted in the glove box....on 93 octane boost is limited to 20psi, on 100 octane we are at 25psi....hits full boost at 4k, stock is about 3600rpm.

that would be a dynojet dynomometer....
i believe the stand alone unit has safegaurds against lean conditions....im not 100% though....
the walbro is a 255lb/hour
stock fuel rail....its actually pretty efficient....
stock heads
i hope i answered them all...

thanks

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey, i sold the evo....
it was a great car.....i enjoyed every bit of it.
i couldnt sell my cobra right now even if i wanted to, as its being worked on and i probably wont be driving it till spring....
for all the mods and for how special the evo was, the cobra is even more radical and i guess overall i like the cobra better.
needed to sell one to get the elise...so....
i figured the evo would be easier to sell anyway.
thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts