The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over $35k invested in this one of a kind gem.Fully built race motor capable of 500HP.Full Cosworth RS500 kit.Big brakes,coilovers,the works.Way too many mods to list.In 3 magazines.Rear wheel drive animal.Paint and body looks like it just left the paint booth.Extremely rare "competition shell" solid roof.I love this car to death and it was maintained religiously by me but shes been in the stable too long,looking to possibly trade and I have cash to for an 89 up Esprit.
Any leads [email protected]
Pics
PM Motorsports - Skrilla

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha how right you are.I won't be a tad disappointed if it doesn't go,she is one of a kind.

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
908 Posts
Woo.. let me tell my friend who has 10 of these.. That's right, 10. But now probably 6 after sold a few of them.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Cool car.

But I'm gonna say it - hideous color. Sorry, just my opinion and take it for what it's worth, but I just see these cars looking better in say, white.

A girl, yes a girl, I dated had one back in the day. Fun. The car was too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opions on colors will always vary,but most importantly the paint AND prep work was done correct,no Earl Shibe here,lol.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I hear ya. I'm just being honest and saying I hate the color! :)

Funny thing though, at that time (mid 80's), I wasn't into cars, so I had no idea what it was. When I saw the rear name badge, I said 'that's a dumb name - what the hell is an XRATI' The '4' looked like an A and I thought it was pronounced:

EX-ARE-ATI

Kinda like a rip off of Maserati.

Who knew? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I hear stupid mispronunciations all the time.They why I took off the badges and left and just left on the Ford.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts