The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Highly upgraded, Chrome Orange '05 Elise, Los Angeles, reduced

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, Original owner

Touring package (leather seats and doors panels, carpets, sound deadening, upgraded stereo)
paint protection film
Factory hard top

all service records

$10K in upgrades, not including installation labor
Schroth street legal 6 point harness with driver's seat cutouts $350
sector 111 seat belt kit (allows both 6 point and 3 point harness to be simultaneously installed), sector anti-sub belt bar, $50
Lotus Sport Harness bar $400
filled in seam on front clam
filled in seam on rear clam, and shaved rear fins (like exige)
14 piece black metal mesh kit (front air scoop, front brake scoops, radiator vents, side air scoops, engine) $2500
painted chrome orange speedo binnacle $300
painted chrome orange heater control cover and shifter housing $750
Pagid RS-14 brake pads on all 4 wheels $400
Euro Silver Star hi and lo headlight lamps $50
multivex Mirror passenger side $50
Black Lotus Nose Badge $150
lotus sport adjustable front sway bar $400
sport shocks $400
Lotus sport suspension wheels $1000
quicksilver exhaust $600 (OEM exhaust also included)
Sector 111 RTD toe link brace $500
painted red brake calipers $200
black nose badge $100
painted red engine valve cover
new battery
new black radiator (original was silver) $1,000
dual oil coolers (newer non-sport pack elises had single oil cooler)
Motul 600 brake fluid
new rear A048 tires
lotus front chin guards $250

all shims removed from front suspension (to reduce understeer)

All factory service bulletins performed, latest ECU firmware
26.5K miles

$28,500

also available for extra $
insulated soft top
elise standard wheels and tires

Mark
cell: 310-922-3826

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
G'luck with the sale Mark!
Bump for a great car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was in LA last month and spoke to you on the phone. I am the guy from Dallas who was flying back teh next week. I have interest still. Do you still have the blue stripes? Starshield was replaced, right? PMing you now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was in LA last month and spoke to you on the phone. I am the guy from Dallas who was flying back teh next week. I have interest still. Do you still have the blue stripes? Starshield was replaced, right? PMing you now.

Blue stripes have been removed and the paint protection film has been replaced. PM responded to.

Mark

·
Registered
995 Posts
My first post! I'm in the market to replace my 450 hp 3rd gen RX-7 that was my track car and pride and joy for the last 17 years. When was the most recent smog check? I assume there is nothing here that would cause it to fail the stringent CA checks? Any notable exterior/interior imperfections - chips, scratches, etc.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is this the same car that's listed on Autotrader for sale by "Unique Automotive LTD?"

Could be a coincidence, but I havn't seen a whole lot with the Orange interior. (was that a factory option, or something you did?)

Thanks,
Chip

PS. First post!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this the same car that's listed on Autotrader for sale by "Unique Automotive LTD?"

Could be a coincidence, but I havn't seen a whole lot with the Orange interior. (was that a factory option, or something you did?)

Thanks,
Chip

PS. First post!
Not the same car. This car has the rear emblems removed and mesh grills. Also the passenger airbag is orange in the one on autotrader.

This car is absolutely beautiful. If its still for sale in feb I think I will try to pick it up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My first post! I'm in the market to replace my 450 hp 3rd gen RX-7 that was my track car and pride and joy for the last 17 years. When was the most recent smog check? I assume there is nothing here that would cause it to fail the stringent CA checks? Any notable exterior/interior imperfections - chips, scratches, etc.?

I am the original owner and have done nothing to emissions related areas so it should pass. as for chips/scratches, there are some, but it is pretty darn clean. Most people point out how clean it looks.

Mark

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks,
Chip

PS. First post!
5thgenluder is correct. it is not the one being sold by Unique Automotive LTD. It is common to have the shifter and HVAC surround painted the exterior color. What is unusual is to have the speedo binnacle painted as well. I had never seen it done on a lotus before but wanted to accentuate it because it had an unusual and interesting shape.

Mark

1 - 20 of 33 Posts