The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove at Oregon Raceway Park for the first time yesterday. It's not a track; it's a roller coaster.

What other tracks are extremely hilly?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've been up to Mosport for a couple F2000 races...the DEFINITION of roller coaster. It's got some hills, but I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Could you better define the degree of "elevation change" that you consider "extremely hilly"? Remember, some of us are Hillbillies.

I consider Road Atlanta to have a good amount of elevation change. But would enjoy more.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Watkins Glen is pretty good too.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you better define the degree of "elevation change" that you consider "extremely hilly"? Remember, some of us are Hillbillies.
I can't find a published figure for ORP's total elevation change, but their web site does say the track goes from 2,200 to 2,340 feet. That's 140 feet, but it goes up and down at least three times per lap.

Here is somebody else's in-car video from ORP.

Road Atlanta looks like it has some nice hills.

The Ridge, a new track near Tacoma, WA is supposed to have some good elevation changes too. I won't be there until July.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I drove at Oregon Raceway Park for the first time yesterday. It's not a track; it's a roller coaster.

What other tracks are extremely hilly?
Summit Point Shenendoah Circuit.

You want flat? BIR, Blackhawk. Pool tables with trees.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can't find a published figure for ORP's total elevation change, but their web site does say the track goes from 2,200 to 2,340 feet. That's 140 feet, but it goes up and down at least three times per lap.

Here is somebody else's in-car video from ORP.
Wow. That looks tough and fun.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Grattan is a virtual roller coaster.
Grattan is my favorite Midwest track...it really is perfect for a lotus. Video doesn't show how crazy it is with twists, turns, mini jumps, ups/downs, etc.

I will be there June 2-3, I ran in the 1:25's last year and hope to set the TTA track record if everything goes well. My profile pic is from Grattan ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Search for my username(korntera) on YouTube I have multiple videos of ORP and the ridge. From what I heard ORP has over 400' of elevation changes. The ridge is about 250' since the ridge is 75' tall. Once up and once down with some other 20' hills/drops.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Search for my username(korntera) on YouTube I have multiple videos of ORP and the ridge. From what I heard ORP has over 400' of elevation changes. The ridge is about 250' since the ridge is 75' tall. Once up and once down with some other 20' hills/drops.
I got to drive The Ridge two weekends ago (24 Hours of LeMons). It's a fun track, but I like ORP more.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sears Point is quite like this. Up T1 to T2, down to T3, up to T4 (or is that 3a?), down again, then up to the carousel which goes left and down. Up to 7, down the esses... My favorite track.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,619 Posts
The brand new Atlanta Motorsports Park is very hilly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts