The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out for a nice hour drive today and one of the few times i got up to speed, i nailed this bird. i thought it hit my windshield but when i got home and i looked at my roof and there was this chunk of bird stuck to my roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i was thinking of putting it in the "epic fail thread". reminded me of that bird that hit the cop car.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it was a small bird. no scratches in the paint or damage, but now i have to take off the top and clean the seal on hardtop since there is some bird guts in there.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You're lucky it was a small bird. I hit a giant pigeon once in my Range Rover while going about 50mph. The bird hit my bumper and exploded in a ball of feathers and blood.

Not pretty.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Were you on 394 going Eastbound at about 4:30-5pm today?

Anyhow, this is what a pheasant did to my Range Rover at 70 mph last week outside of Belle Plaine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Going 120 mph on public streets? You might have looked like that bird had a truck pulled out in front of you.

Don't mean to sound like someone's parent but I hate reading some of the tragic threads we've all seen here. Save it for the track as a lot of people here (and elsewhere) would miss you.

Ben

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
A bird flew into me this past weekend. I pulled over to look at the damage and too my surprise there was none.
I saw him tumble and land with his neck all bent out of shape in my rear view mirror, the only thing I could guess that
happened was that he hit my rim and snapped his neck between the spokes?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know what your saying about speeding on public roads. i only do this though on empty highways when there are no cars around me for miles. plus i know where the intersections are so no one was going to be pulling in front of me. thanks for your concern though

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good thing the top was on. The bird's guts would've probably splashed your face if the top was down.:panic:
yeah the bird might of hit the back roll bar and exploded-eek-

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Going 120 mph on public streets? You might have looked like that bird had a truck pulled out in front of you.

Don't mean to sound like someone's parent but I hate reading some of the tragic threads we've all seen here. Save it for the track as a lot of people here (and elsewhere) would miss you.

Ben
I dont think he was on a public "street" when this happened. Thats the only way someone can just pull in front of you like your referring to.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont think he was on a public "street" when this happened. Thats the only way someone can just pull in front of you like your referring to.
right i was on 35w which was three lanes. no one was in front or behind me for miles and i would see people merging on if anything. i would never go that fast on public city streets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts