The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going down a hill at about 60 and saw this litte guy fly in front.........why do they do this? needless to say our plastic grills are razorblades at 60 mph to a baby bird. I pulled over and snapped a pic. When I pulled him out of there his body was split in half...:(

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
guess that's why the grill is there...it's like the steam locomotives of old that had cow catches attachedrotfl

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
In my area there is a type of bird that lays its eggs on the asphalt. They will fly right at cars to defend their eggs. No, they're not real bright.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Grilled bird... :drool:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got one in the grill a week ago. It made it through cleanly but very dead. I am very new to the car. I could see it behind the grill but couldn't reach it as I was stopped by the side of the highway. (At this point I didn't realize that it took 2 seconds to remove the grill) I stopped pretty hard a few times to move it forward so I could grab it. When I got home it was nowhere to be seen. I foolishly deduced I had tossed it out even though it looked impossible. I looked around with a mirror and flashlight, no bird. After a few days there was a nasty smell in the garage. I ended up finding the bird after removing the front under-carriage panel. Not a pretty site. Smell is gone now. There is a gap between the front clam and the bottom of inside the grill that a bird can roll through.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
on my way out the door this morning there were a bunch of feathers on the walkway along the garage... then when I get to the end of driveway there was a pile of something a dog excreted(couldnt figure out which side of the dog it came from) with feathers sticking out of it...
my landlords dogs are crazy, well one is, the others are so lazy they make sloths look like michael phelps...
anyways thought I would share since we were on the bird killing topic

·
Registered
291 Posts
So this was you?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzqlohvOifg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzqlohvOifg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Doesn't look like an Elise to me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So this was you?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzqlohvOifg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OzqlohvOifg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Doesn't look like an Elise to me.
oh...my, I mean I was kinda of sad I hit him, but thats.....just weird. she is way to upset

·
Registered
584 Posts
on my way out the door this morning there were a bunch of feathers on the walkway along the garage... then when I get to the end of driveway there was a pile of something a dog excreted(couldnt figure out which side of the dog it came from) with feathers sticking out of it...
my landlords dogs are crazy, well one is, the others are so lazy they make sloths look like michael phelps...
anyways thought I would share since we were on the bird killing topic
Maybe it was a bird dog.................

·
Registered
381 Posts
have you guys seen the chicken and porsche pics, on the net somewhere, that must have been a dramatic experience.

·
Registered
584 Posts
SLUTOL you should change your sig to 09 Exige S260 :p since thats apparently gonna be the new model
Really? Cool!!! I gotta find out more about that! :nanner:

[Apologies to the OP]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts