The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i was going around a round about and the tires for whatever reason decided not to catch or stick to the ground like they should have and my front right tire went up a curb and did some minor body damage or major body damage depending on how you look at it.

i have no idea what to do as this is my first accident ever really. body shop? insurance? out of pocket?

please help me figure this out. i am located in indianapolis indiana so if there is something in the area that can fix this that would help.

here are the pics of the damage...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
that rim is DANGEROUS! :eek:

Id be afraid to go near it

Good luck, Im not in your area so I cant suggest anyone. Be extremely careful with that wheel.

·
Banned
874 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
On the bright side, that wheel is significantly lighter now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That will buff right out rotfl

Seriously don't drive on that rim. I'm pretty sure that is not fixable.

As far as body damage do you have a local dealer who can recommend a good body shop to work on the Lotus?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You two just messed up what was going to be an EPIC thread.....I was envisioning only

:eek: responses for 10+pages....thanks for ruining that

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Personal experience here.

I don't know about your insurance company, but I generally try to avoid involving mine.

The clam can be repaired and painted for about 1200 and you should be able to find a used rim on here for a couple hundred bucks.

The clam does NOT need to be replaced.

Consider putting a WTB post in appropriate forum for the rim.

Good luck,

joe

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
After doing that to the wheel, I'd suspect control arm damage too. Better check it out thoroughly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You two just messed up what was going to be an EPIC thread.....I was envisioning only

:eek: responses for 10+pages....thanks for ruining that
They ruined it..

I'm starting over...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Oh, all right:

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
that rim is DANGEROUS! :eek:

Id be afraid to go near it

Good luck, Im not in your area so I cant suggest anyone. Be extremely careful with that wheel.
The amazing thing is it appears the tire is still holding air even with nothing holding the tire bead in place! :panic:

I would suspect suspension arm damage too and you should probably have that tire checked for sidewall damage as well if you intend to use it with the new wheel you will need to purchase.

Oh yeah:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'll join in...:eek: But, that's a lot of damage to the bottom of the clam.... I'd say new clam !

1 - 20 of 76 Posts