The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home tonight I hit a rabbit. So I need a front grille (the full size one, I do NOT have driving lights). I also need the 4 plastic clips that hold it at the top.

Any advice on fiberglass shops in the Columbus, OH area would be greatly appreciated.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
How is the rabbit? I would think that would make a mess!

I ran over a squirrel and he must have ducked because when I looked in my mirror he was rolling forward behind me and then he got up and ran off!

A rabbit? UGH!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I ran over a squirrel and he must have ducked because when I looked in my mirror he was rolling forward behind me and then he got up and ran off!
Haha, that would make a helluva GoPro shot...

..I wish 18-wheeler tires did that, instead of ripping front splitters off.:mad:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
How is the rabbit? I would think that would make a mess!

A rabbit? UGH!
Probably like this one...

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
Make sure to get all of the guts and fur out before you turn on your ventilation fan. :p

Grill is a cheap, easy fix. Could have been much worse. It's the deer that scare me. WAY too many of them down here.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update - the clam is fixable for $2k

1. The grille is a fifty buck part and my local dealer (not know for low prices) can get it cheaper than Internet. For once I have to applaud MAG in Columbus.

2. Parts wise, it's the Starshield that costs - $459 for the bit that got sheared when the clam took damage.

3. It's the labor that kills you on this. Estimate is $2k to fix, parts are only 1/4 of the total.

4. Found a high end body shop near me. Achbach on Dublin Granville gets rave recommendations. It's where the Corvette dealer pointed me. The very nice, extremely knowledgeable gent who did my estimate turned out to be Mr. Achbach. It's not the first Lotus clam they've ever worked on, and they've replaced one or two. We'll see what my insurance guys have to say.

5. I'm going to see if I can get the A/C insulated while the clam is off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts