1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
What a jerk, hope he gets his...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
argh, this angers me like no other, why the eff was he even backing up?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Unfortunately this sort of behaver is becoming the norm. I don't know whatever happened to ethics. So many people have so little respect for property (or even other people) these days! I would NEVER even dream of walking away from an accident no matter how small without leaving a note at the very least. What's happened to this world?

Thank goodness for dashcams! They should come standard in every vehicle.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Has anyone hardwired their dashcam? I've searched but haven't found a good how to. Been thinking about getting the blackvue for a while now and this gives me more reasons to get one!

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Unfortunately this sort of behaver is becoming the norm. I don't know whatever happened to ethics. So many people have so little respect for property (or even other people) these days! I would NEVER even dream of walking away from an accident no matter how small without leaving a note at the very least. What's happened to this world?

Thank goodness for dashcams! They should come standard in every vehicle.
A few months ago my wife and I were at our favorite restaurant when some one walked and asked the hostess "who drove the blue prius?". That was us. We went out with him and he had backed into our car with his rather large truck. He gave us his USAA number (I was immediately confident everything would go fine, USAA is the best) The eventual bill was over 3K, new bumper cover, hood, fender and respray.

When I was talking with the USAA representative about my surprise that he walked in to find us she said that they had actually noticed that sort of thing INCREASING. Maybe its just USAA members, but I don't think losers like the guy in the video are gaining the upper hand.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I think they video poster showed amazing restraint. I would have been tempted to show the tag number of the car, and the face of the driver.

·
Registered
394 Posts
On my daily driver, a Ford Focus ST, there's a little ding on the passenger side. For that one, it's possible that somebody in a parking garage just didn't notice when they opened their door or something like that.
But on the driver's side, there's a 20cm long depression with a scratch-line where the paint has come off. That was somebody backing into my car with the corner of their back bumper. No way they didn't realize that.
Anyway... nobody ever left a note. And this happened a month after I changed the insurance of that car to the kind where my own damages aren't covered. :-(

·
Registered
676 Posts
I realized that people who buy those bumper bullies protectors are actually the culprits of backing up til they hit something to parallel park. Never park behind one with this...or a hitch.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
One more reason to never parallel park a Lotus. Where I live everyone drives a full sized pickup and assumes that if you can't see a vehicle in the rear view it's okay to throw it in reverse and let 'er rip.

It's also been discussed here that Lotus drivers should leave an extra space in front of cars at stop lights to prevent damage from vehicles backing up after being stranded part way into an intersection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts