The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that; look on the bright side though - at least you were not hurt.

Awhile back, I was cruising along on the freeway in my Miata and out of nowhere, I here a very loud "smack!" sound right next to my head (on the left side). I didn't know what was going on at first, but was able to quickly assess things and generally the car was fine, so I kept on to my destination a short ways down the road. When I got out of the car, I looked the car over and noticed a small chip out of the drivers-side window, right in line with my head ! So I figure a rock was probably flung from another car's tires and was whizzing right for my head, fortunately stopped by the window glass. If I'd had my window down and the rock had smacked me in the head, who knows what would have happened ? It's a sobering thought in a way. For me the take-home message is that we all should be as aware and prepared as possible -while still having fun, of course :p

Cheers, Mike G.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.