The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a *great* day at Calspeed trying out the 125cc TAG's with Jerry at Welcome to Henderson Karting Experience - it was Ogilvy vs. Playstation Gran Turismo crew!

Upon recommendation from a thread here, I called Jerry up and we set up today as a class from 8am-12pm for 8 people, $250 each. 5 sessions, my ribcage is a little beat up I came in early on the last session because I had enough for the day. I have never been in a 125cc TAG before, they have amazing torque and power delivery...I forgot the engine manufacturer but they weren't Leopards - it was way faster than I was though. I managed a 55.15 but I am pretty sure that's at least 4-5 seconds off race pace. These were much harder to drive smoother than the 4 cycle 400cc world formulas, tons of torque.

Highly recommended if you want to take a group out. I am looking at the video from my helmet cam now...lots of corners I can see gaining time here and there, can't wait to go back! That's me in the front with the SWAT team outfit...

oh btw Jerry lent me his Leatt Brace Leatt Brace - The leading neck protection brace designed to prevent motorsport injuries , that thing is awesome - full movement, didn't even know I had it on and better than the standard foam collars

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
dude, that's awesome, and looks like fun. I just picked up a 125cc shifter kart. Gotta get it to a track. Going to Infineon kart track next week.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool...saw some guys with that on. My Sparco chest piece is great for shoulders and chest but not that great for ribs...ugh morning after karting is rough morning to move around lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts