The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics! 6K Glossy - I also installed his CF mudflaps because I didn't want to modify the OEM ones. What do you guys think? I think it turned out nicely. Thanks Charles!!!
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384259988.195980.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384260005.162949.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384260034.563238.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
201 Posts
Those look great installed. I have a set and plan on installing them this winter.

Any chance you could post some install instructions. I didn't receive any when I got my side skirts. I did receive an email, but it just said to drill and mount, nothing specific. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, a few close up pics from the under side of the skirt might be helpful.

Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those look great installed. I have a set and plan on installing them this winter.

Any chance you could post some install instructions. I didn't receive any when I got my side skirts. I did receive an email, but it just said to drill and mount, nothing specific. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, a few close up pics from the under side of the skirt might be helpful.

Thanks in advance......
Thanks for the compliment!! As for the install, I too had no instructions, so I had a friend who owns a race shop (imsa, indy lights, etc..) help me with the install. Actually, I was the one helping him! Lol As you already know the sills come with rubber well nuts and you have to drill into the fiberglass (not for the faint of heart!!) watch out for oil lines!! 5 for each side- spaced evenly. While the well nuts work, I really want something more permanent, so within the next couple of weeks I will be replacing the well nuts with rivnuts. Overall I am very pleased with the fit and finish. I hope this helps you!! John

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
As you already know the sills come with rubber well nuts and you have to drill into the fiberglass (not for the faint of heart!!) watch out for oil lines!!
You won't drill through the AL tube, unless you drill all the way as the length of the drill bit :facepalm Only need to go through the fiber glass body.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You won't drill through the AL tube, unless you drill all the way as the length of the drill bit :facepalm Only need to go through the fiber glass body.
We really didn't expect to hit any, but drilling into a blind area, it was still worrisome and a reason to be careful.

Anyway, thanks for the parts Charles! They are stunning in person! Great craftsmanship and materials used!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I also plan to install mine with riv nuts this winter. It helped me to download and read Sector 111's install instructions for the Reverie skirts they sell. YMMV.

Formula1, thanks for the pictures and inspiration. Looks great!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Put mine on a while back also. Matte 12k. Since Fotki's been "ill", I haven't been able to upload pics. Had a few here in the office that it let me upload today. Not really a good shot of them, and the car was dirty, and after a track day.

But they do look excellent.

Got them on just in time to get sick of the car and want to de-mod and sell it. But if I do, these will go with it. Nice work Charles, fit and finish is excellent.

·
Registered
828 Posts
... and to add insult to injury, my crappy Fotki account isn't showing the pic I linked to in the post above. So, you'll have to use your imagination. They do look epic in matte.

·
Registered
361 Posts
They look great! Love the contour design on these.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts