1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
201 Posts
What a dumb article. It's like writing an article saying 99% of high heels are worn by women.

What is the ratio of men vs. women for:

car enthusiasts
top earners (even if this is 50 / 50, the above is what really tips the scale)

There, that is why close to 90% of Italian exotics are owned by men.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah that article is based on the grayest of circumstantial evidence that can easily be manipulated.

Women are smart, but their car choice is no where indicative of intelligence.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Dumb article.

Men are typically 'car guys', women for the most part, aren't.

Duh.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew this would be fun............

·
Registered
663 Posts
"The car with the highest rate of ownership among women, meanwhile, is the fuel-efficient Mini..."

Really? They aren't that fuel efficient... Also, I'm sad this isn't the VW bug.

"Mini, Kia, Fiat, Mitsubishi and Hyundai are the top five brands that skew the most female..."

Aren't these 5 of the ****tiest brands out there? Just saying :)

Edit: Now that I think about it... how many rich guys out there buy their wife a Lambo or Ferrari or something? It's still probably registered in his name even though she may drive it...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it me or is the Mini a midlife woman's car now? All I see is 55+ year old women driving them. Even my wife says this too.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I guess I married the Exception! She does drive a Smart to work but owns a lifted Tacoma and an Elise. Is an an x-combat helicopter pilot and cares more about running shoes and electronic gadgets. Won't let me go to the track without her and beats me at AutoX.

Last week I tried to kiss her while she was on her IPad and she said, "leave me alone, I'm building a Death Star!"

I got a keeper!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The former reigning champ for the car most likely to be driven by clueless middle-aged women? The PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I guess I married the Exception! She does drive a Smart to work but owns a lifted Tacoma and an Elise. Is an an x-combat helicopter pilot and cares more about running shoes and electronic gadgets. Won't let me go to the track without her and beats me at AutoX.

Last week I tried to kiss her while she was on her IPad and she said, "leave me alone, I'm building a Death Star!"

I got a keeper!

You sir are one of the luckiest men alive.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
"... suggests that men are more concerned with power and prestige than their pocketbook ..."

I suggest most men are more concerned with ***** than anything else, which is fortunate for women. Most men are unintelligent enough to spend $$$ on a woman than something cheaper, simpler, and less aggravating like a Lamborghini Reventon. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I'm thankful. Why she married my old ass is still a mystery to me!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Edit: Now that I think about it... how many rich guys out there buy their wife a Lambo or Ferrari or something? It's still probably registered in his name even though she may drive it...
This is outrageous!

I will ask! and I will ask very very nicely!!!

That if any female would like to buy me a Ferrari just to prove his statement is nonsense, I'm ok with that...

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Change the question from cars to handbags and shoes, then let's see who's more pragmatic. Nice to see the Lotus brand named there though. Not sure about Fisker. Didn't they go out of business?

·
Registered
995 Posts
To assume that guys who buy sports cars are enthusiasts is a leap that is not always true. I worked in investment banking and know several bankers who had Porsche 911s and hadn't the first clue about cars. It was nothing more than a status symbol for them. They couldn't tell you how much horsepower it has and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them didn't even know the engine was in the back. If you asked them if their Porsche was a 996 or a 997 they'd give you a blank stare.

You'd think a Ferrari Challenge car might be different, right? Not for the one owner I met. He drove to Laguna Seca in his Maserati and his crew showed up in a semi with his car. When I started asking him about his car it was clear he didn't know much about it. I was admiring the cage and wondering how much weight it added to the car so asked him what the car weighed. He just turned to one of the guys working on the car between sessions and said, "Jim, what does my car weigh?"

Now I'm not saying I'd wrench a challenge car myself, but this guy wasn't a car guy. He was just a super wealthy guy that had enough money to buy a cool toy for some track days.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts