The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Second day ever in my 06 Sport Pack. Previous 9 years were all FWD. I'm on 175f AD07 (previous owner put the wrong tires on) but there is still a whole lot wound up in this car. Still getting used to it. Quickly got down from 2.05.xx to the 2:02-2:03 range most of the day, and managed a 2:00.41 in the last session. Can't wait to get some proper shoes on it!

Feedback welcome. Sears is pretty hard to decipher. It's been hard to pull instructors out of the novice groups for ride alongs at recent track days, but I noticed HOD is really great at it. (Had never driven with them before yesterday.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Your way around the track is similar to mine, regarding lines that is. You take double apex (after the carousel) the same way I do and in my opinion, that's a faster way than going wide like the S260 did; I usually catch a lot of people there after they pass me going up.

You can carry a lot of speed going up T1 since it goes up and braking for T2 is made a lot easier.
I like HOD a lot. It's quite a bit pricier than other orgs but they host very nice days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, T1 still scares me but I'm already taking it much faster than the last track day.

I had a very good time with HoD. This was in Advanced, which is like most other clubs' intermediate rules-wise. Though the drivers were fast. Even pushing 2:00-2:04 all day I was getting passed a lot. I still prefer point-bys, even if I'm too fast for the groups that require them I'll stay there.

What's your setup and typical times? I have no idea how I'm doing out there aside from LCUSA results sheets...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
414 Posts
I couldn't tell you what my times are because I don't have any lap timer. As far as setup goes, when I did SP last year, the Elise was stock motor wise but I already had a bunch of Aero (splitter, cannards, wing, diffuser) and Nitron 2way suspensions.

My car isn't drive-able for the time being since I'm waiting for some stuff but I'm curious to see how I will do next time I go to Sears. I'm going to have to re-learn how to drive the car because since last year, I have changed a lot of stuff on it.

The only time I could tell you about would be mid 1:50s but that was with my race bike (400cc), although I can't remember if that was with or without the chicane (instead of turn 9)... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts