The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon to all!!!!

My name is Dio and I'm Spanish (from Madrid).

I've been looking for Elise info on the Net for the last few days and I just fell across this forum (which by the way, looks interesting...!!!).

In a nut shell: I'm a motorsports nut, more of a german car enthusiast (BMW) and current owner of a 2002 BMW M3 e46 SMGII Convertible (my third M3). The thing is that I've been having the "urge" of finding something that gives me more "feeling"... The M3 is an incredible car, but I want more feel... which brings me to you and Lotus!!!

I'm considering getting a "normal" day drive (Golf V GTi or similar) and then a Lotus Elise (R or SC) for my weekend gettaways...

I have a few questions, so I'll be around for some time!!!!!!

Cheers.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Welcome. I think you have some good thoughts on the car. The Lotus could be a good choice.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
You have questions.......we have answers......Bienvenidos!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:wave: welcome

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Hola y bienvenido!

If you're looking for a car with great handling and road feel, you really need to test drive this Lotus.

Are you a MotoGP fan? Pedrosa is coming along.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Welcome!
I'm a BMW enthusiast as well...(just got back from Mfest in Vegas - 100's of M cars!). I went from my 2005 E46 M3 to the Lotus Elise, and you are absolutely right to make this move if you want more "feel." There is no comparison - the Elise kills the M3 in terms of feel...make the move!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all again for such a warm welcome!!!!!

I'm sure I'll end up finding all the info I need here... eventhough my wife might end up hating you guys!!!!!!!! (I've had my M3 e46 for less than a year, and am already thinking of changing it... My previous car, a M3 e36 US spec only lasted one year as well... this is a bad disease!!!!!).

I am a MotoGP fan (I use to run a Supersport amateur team) but I'm unfortunately quite disconnected this year... no time left for watching the races!!!!!

Cheers.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Kay Pasta!rotfl

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Hola.

Madrid is a nice city. I flew out of Madrid after completing my Camino in May. There seem to be many great Lotus roads a short distance from the city. This is a friendly crowd although we do get a bit rambunctious at times.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hola Dio. El Elise es un auto por el fin de semana or cada dia (para mi, !cada dia!). (Y tambien lo siento por mi espanol, nunca tengo la opportunidad para practicar.) !Bienvenidos! :wave:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts