The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting to sell my unused drop in Renault UN1 hardened gearbox upgrade. For an S4 or V8.

Uses existing OEM housing and components and replaces the weak ones:

One piece, strengthened primary shaft; no 5th gear overhang
Closer ratio first and second gears; 3.00 to 1 and 1.94 to 1
Fifth gear synchro hub
Fifth gear sleeve and thrust washer
Strengthened front roller bearing
Strengthened rear taper roller bearing

Brand new, still in original shrink wrap packaging.

See
http://www.hollowayperformance.com/Brochure August 2011.pdf

For details

Make me an offer...

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was feeling paranoid about the OEM box when I first got the car; bought the Holloway kit thinking it would be good insurance to have. felt the same as you; "nice to have for future use". I'll keep it unless I get a decent offer; no offense.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Is it correct to say that the Holloway kit is not really useful after the box breaks because you'll need a new gearbox all together in that case?

If so, having it on the shelf waiting for a failure is not much of an insurance policy. You'd be better to sock that money away toward a new gearbox. I've seen gearboxes for sale for not much more than this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
667 Posts
I was feeling paranoid about the OEM box when I first got the car; bought the Holloway kit thinking it would be good insurance to have. felt the same as you; "nice to have for future use". I'll keep it unless I get a decent offer; no offense.

Thanks
None taken, I just figured I would give you a fall-back option!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
... having it on the shelf waiting for a failure is not much of an insurance policy...
Somewhat true; my expectation was in case of chronic trouble, or if it becomes convenient to do so, I would swap out the weak components and any worn items; if it were to grenade, it would require additional OEM parts, and perhaps a housing, to repair. Yes, OEM boxes are available in this price range; but they are still... OEM...

·
Registered
667 Posts
I noticed that they change the gearing slightly for this kit. I know it increases reliability, but does it affect acceleration or 0-60 times negatively?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would expect the time to drop considering first gear in the V8 Esprit is a tire shredder and the ratio to second is closer to keep the turbos on boil better..

I'd be interests in the kit at 50% of retail.. Which seems to be the norm for used parts.. But the Op is wanting quite a bit more..

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"my parts" aint used...;)

still shrink wrapped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
But the problem is this.. Somebody buys your secondhand parts that are unused.... And there is a manufacturing error and it needs to be sent back to Halloway.. What do you think Halloway is going to say when you say you bought them from somebody else other than them? Any type of "help" they would of given you if you bought them directly from them is out the window..

Last year I sold a brand new D1 pro charger for half price that was brand new sitting in the box because there was a non transferable warranty on it.. I took the hit because I bought a brand new F1C Pro Charger from a guy that ran out of money on his build for half price!

I also just bought a brand new in the box oem 02+ rear transom for half price..

Just sayin..

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I understand your point; obviously not a worthy deal for you, or for me. No problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's all good man.. You know where I'm at if you drop the price! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts