The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Siverstar Lotus Dealer.
The ClubRacer was sold yesterday.:sad:
I hope the "kid" who bought it knew what he got!:evil:
BUT...
It looks like Silverstar is BLOWING OUT THE BRAND NEW '06 ELISES!!!
Some are $12,000 under MSRP!:eek:

For instance, a solar yellow '06 $43K!
Black Elise '06 $42!
72D Elise $48K

These are brand new! ALL have hard tops! If I waited a year and a half, one would have been MINE at those prices!!

What gives here?

Check 'em out and get 'em when they're HOT (and cheap!)

--Hal

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bad idea.. bad price....

That's actually a bad thing for Lotus Elise's... For there to be NEW 06's on the lot and them to mark it down like that only craps out the residual value of the car and that's not a great value because you can buy a new 2007 for $44,000. You'll be the one to take the hit by buying a new 06 for $42K when you could have bought a new 07 for $2,000 more.. On average an 07 and 06 resale difference is about $6-7,000. That's a 5,000 dollar loss if you buy that 2006.........:no:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

I plan to keep my Elise for a long time.
I drive it, not collect it, or invest it.
The market price goes up and down and life goes on.
It would be nice for all SUV owners would junk their gas guzzlers and buy a LOTUS!
Maybe they'll learn what driving is all about!
At these prices, it might be an incentive.

Nah. It's pipe dream time....

--Hal

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OOPS!!!

Two Elises are brand new '07's!!!

There are making room for the SC ELISES!!!!!:D :clap:

Also, by the end of the year, the Dealer can install the same Superchargers in YOUR old Elise!!!! This according to to one of the salesman. Is he correct? Wow, I hope so.

I'm just passing the word. No flames here, please.

For me, I haven't even gotten close to the potential of my 'ol '05 N/A Elise. You try driving with one hand and see if you can reach the potential of car/driver.:p

over and out

--Hal

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hal if you waited 18 months, we would have missed out on all your inciteful, thought provoking posts. -poke-
Thanks guys, (I think):huh:
That brings up the fact if I waited 18 months, I would have missed 18 months of the best part of my life! :D

BTW: it's "insightful" (with a sigh...):p

--Hal

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
who the heck buys a lotus and thinks of resale value LOL

the 72D sounds like a good deal...as per skyvue i too wished i waited a year then i would save ton$

get em while they are hot and cheap is right ... plus with gas prices going up...its the most economical way to go fast :up:

·
Registered
407 Posts
if you buy a car like this and resale is an issue, all i can say is

you shouldnt be buying it

its not an econobox.

just think about guys who buy a Ferrari 612, they would take almost a 50% hit in the first year (well here in Aus they do anyway)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, at least the Exiges, even the '06s are still over $37-38k. From what I've seen anyway. Just saw a perfect one - '06 - get to $38k today.

Anyone that doesn't care at all about resale is either wealthy to the point where it is not an issue for them or careless with money.
Exactly. If you keep cars for 2-3 years like I do you do care about resale. The only people I respect for not caring about resale value are people who plan on running the car into the ground or people with american express black cards..

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well, at least the Exiges, even the '06s are still over $37-38k. From what I've seen anyway. Just saw a perfect one - '06 - get to $38k today.

Anyone that doesn't care at all about resale is either wealthy to the point where it is not an issue for them or careless with money.
but if resale is a major concern for you you shouldnt be buying a car like this, you should stick to a Toyota Econobox.

I cant beleive people would even buy a car like this unless they had at least say $1m to their name, its a toy (all be it a good value one), but if people cannot afford to buy something like this in cash theyre living beyond their reasonable means IMO.

and yes i understand some people lease for business etc, but again, if they are not in a position to actually buy it and accept that its a money losing excercise they should stay away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts