The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
825 Posts
I like that they mention it has power windows. No, you have one power window remaining. Power window.

This thing is parts at best.

·
Registered
658 Posts
for posterity sake: 2005 elise, SCCPC11105HL32305
lots of body damage, front and rear, windshield surround damaged, both doors damaged.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
roll bar is missing.....
thinking routine damage and then picked up with a forklift at junkyard

morons

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Sweet Baby Jesus!

There's not much left on that thing, even for parts.

Interior is toast, climate control panel is bent to crap...even the steering wheel is borked!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
LOL...sorry i shouldn't laugh, having bought a thrashed car. but looks like someone thought they were 007 and try to see the look on Q's face when giving back the keys.

money's only in the parts.... not worth rebuilding IMO

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Might be a good source of a chassis and driveline oddly enough. I was trying to figure out where the rollbar went, but it looks like they cut it out to extract somebody. Already up to $9k today.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Here is why it is extremely important to do your research before buying from a salvage reseller. OMG. That frame is gone. They straightened the wheels for their "photoshoot"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Do you know the frame is gone, or just assuming that because the suspension is bent?

Its unlikely it took that much damage and is OK, but not impossible.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I surely wouldn't buy it sight unseen. It is, incidentally still possible that the chassis is OK if any suspension pickup damage is on the (steel) rear subframe.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Do you know the frame is gone, or just assuming that because the suspension is bent?

Its unlikely it took that much damage and is OK, but not impossible.
2005-Lotus-Elise-477336381.jpg

The door attachement point is damaged, at it is an integral part of chassis.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts