The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody planning to go to the Holy Donut this week? I think I'm going, can't quite justify going karting out at Summit Point, although it sounds like fun, but Burtonsville is only 15 minutes from my house...

·
Registered
354 Posts
I doing the Hooters charity Car Wash in Rockville tomorrow... My car is SO looking forward to having lots of Hooters pressed up against it :D

Hooters smiling at me, nothing but Hooters do I see...
Pamela Anderson's are nifty and pleasing to the eyes...
But by the time she turns 50 they'll hang down to her thighs...

:nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
When, and where is the Holy Doughnut? I might have time to zip up for a visit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Burtonsville, MD, just off of 29. Sunday mornings, I think people start showing up around 8 or so (I made it in at 9:15 this morning and it was pretty full). My favorite car there today was this one:

(pop quiz--do you know what it is? It's made of plywood and fiberglass, and it is British!)

Very cool car, and the owner was a nice guy--we chatted until the lot had pretty much cleared out, which is why there's almost no one left in these pictures!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Oh my GOD. Obviosly a Marcos. Can not tell from the picture what year it is. 67 to 70. Not a volvo car.The wooden cars are full monocouqe. The steel cars have a 1" side rail at the bottom of the body.Try to understand folks. I OWNED the LAST wooden chassis Marcos for 27 years from the time I was 19. Would LOVE to talk to this guy. Finaly sold the car to by the Esprit.
Bob

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite right! I can't remember which year off the top of my head--I want to say '68? STUNNING car--absolutely wonderful. The interior was gorgeous too. Here's another (very large) photo: http://maggiebennett.com/gallery/IMG_0194.JPG

Come up to the Holy Donut sometime and he might be there; this was his first time there but he said he'd come again (just not in the next few weeks). I do have his contact info too.

Anybody planning to go this week? I think I will, if it's not raining.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks Maggie. Great picture. It is a wooden chassis.
Not a V-6. 4 cyl. I might do Sun. Atlantic City tommrow and Thur. Happy 4 Th. Bob

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
What's the Holy Donut? Sounds tasty...

:shrug:
It's a large (if weather is good) car 'cruise in' each Sunday am at the Giant shopping center in Burtonsville, where we met you that night a couple weeks ago.

Cars start showing up around 8 am, most are gone by 10 to 10:30. Good morning will have well over 100 cars of all kinds, from exotics to muscle, with the occasional military vehicle.

Have on occasion had as many as 8 Lotus there at one time.

The idea is to come out early, get your car fix, then be home in plenty of time for other weekend stuff.

Called Holy Donut because for years it was held across the street in the Dunkin Donut parking lot.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think that might have been a Marcos. One of my favorite Corgi models when I was a kid was (and still is) a Mini Marcos. The model has built-in jack stands with removable wheels and tires and is very nicely detailed. Sadly, I lost one of the wheels a few weeks after I got it, so didn't really ever play with it. Hence, after many years, the model is in very nice condition, and now has some aftermarket wheels and tires on it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts