The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought my s 240 a month ago - so far I have gotten the 6 point harnesses installed, suspension sorted, hard motor mounts, Sector pedals, tow hook & boomerang, Pagid pads - car is dialed in and turning good times

Now its the home stretch that I am trying to rationalize the next move -incinerating that next 5k on a fire system, sport cat, 8" Larini, Eliminator and an AIM Dash - Lotus instrumentation are about as helpful as air brakes on a turtle

then its only 6k more to the finish line - a Featherlite

I am trying to restrain myself - in the words of Jim Carrey "SOMEONE'S GOTTA HELP ME!!!!!"

Sure glad I bought a Lotus - Porsches are expensive - as I well know....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
what aim dash are you going to use.mxl pista?i would love to put an mxl in my car.i just dont know how legal it would be on the street.i would replace the stock dash with the mxl.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If this is a track car, you want the Sector 111 RTD brace and either the Sector 111 baffled fuel tank upgrade or the BOE fuel surge tank. These are track must haves and should be purchased before the $5k of items you mentioned. I bought a Featherlite trailer just before the track event when my motor blew due to fuel starvation. Saved me a $800 tow back home.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this is a track car, you want the Sector 111 RTD brace and either the Sector 111 baffled fuel tank upgrade or the BOE fuel surge tank. These are track must haves and should be purchased before the $5k of items you mentioned. I bought a Featherlite trailer just before the track event when my motor blew due to fuel starvation. Saved me a $800 tow back home.

I did the rtd brace - good point about the tank though - have been thinking about it - that way I can incinerate another 650 for a tank plus labor & prep and return of the old one....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts