The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LotusTrbo
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider myself rather Tech savvy but I can't get the homelink to work. I go through all the steps and it appears as if the code has been accepted but it will not operate the garage door ... tried it on 3 different doors with 3 different types of head units. I maybe doing something wrong so wanted to see if there is a "trick" to get it to accept and work.

Thanks in advance

Lonnie

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
I don't remember my details of programing as it was years ago, however I do remoter that t is standard Homelink stuff, no Lotus modification. You may have to read your garage door opener instructions as there are at least two systems, one with a rolling code is a bit tricky

·
Registered
379 Posts
I recently confirmed with our garage door installer that not many of the doors here in Oz work with homelink (including ours). I guess I’ll stop trying to program it then!

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have to buy a home link bridge. It is basically a “translator” between the car and garage opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I don't remember my details of programing as it was years ago, however I do remoter that t is standard Homelink stuff, no Lotus modification. You may have to read your garage door opener instructions as there are at least two systems, one with a rolling code is a bit tricky
I programmed mine last week and when I looked in owners manual there were no instructions, just told you to go to homelink.com for instructions. I used this and it worked fine https://homelink.com/program/watchvideo. I have rolling code so was surprised I did not have to push the learn button on garage door opener like I have had to for all my other cars

·
Registered
228 Posts
I couldn't get mine to work either, a 2011. It was a simple procedure on any other car I've had but the Lotus - no dice. I've given up and just use a remote clipped to the visor.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most likely you have to program it for rolling code. I've found that sometimes on the final step, you have to press the button in the car 3 or more times before it successfully pairs. You'll know you got it when the garage door opens/closes.

What brand of garage door power head do you have? I had a brand new Genie with a defective circuit board out of the box that I could not program Homelink with until I replaced the entire circuit board (they covered it under warranty).

Rolling code programming starts at step 6. Should be similar for other power heads (I can skip step 9 on mine).
https://homelink.com/program/instru.../2125/88/0/0/2/0/4/intellicode2/0/0/usenglish

·
LotusTrbo
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok ... this is what finally worked on 2 of 3 that I programed. I cleared the system by holding buttons 1 and 3 for about 20-30 seconds. Then I paired remote 1 after putting the original remote into "code dodger 2" mode (Overhead Door). Once remote one was in C D 2 mode I held the remote 1-3" from the Homelink in the car and pressed button 1. Once it started flashing rapidly ... I then got out of the car and pushed the learn/program button on the garage head unit. This gives you about 30 seconds to return to the car and hit button 1 again (may have to hit 1-4 times before the door will activate). Button 2 would not work on second garage (old head unit) Button 3 worked by programming the button with the original remote then hitting the learn/program button on the head unit like on button one then returning to the car and hitting button 3 multiple times until the door moved.
Hope this helps to get some of these homelink's working.

L

·
Registered
207 Posts
They're all a little bit different so it usually takes some trial and error to get it working, as the OP found. I've never not been able to program one. The older ones without rolling code are usually the easiest, but not always. It really is nice to not have to carry a remote around and have it leave an indentation in the sun visor.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
My Huracan doesnt have homelink so I bought a small black opener and velcro'ed it in door cubby. I'm sure would also work in Lotus

·
Registered
190 Posts
Garage door systems were changed around 2012 to a new system (protocol or something, changed). I don't know when, or if Lotus upgraded the system to be compatible.

You can get a system to mount to your garage door to allow the old homelink to work with a newer garage door system. https://homelink.com/compatibility-bridge

Thankfully I have an older garage door opener so I don't have to deal with that. But I know people who have had to install the adapter to get their cars to work.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yep, my remote fits in the little indentation behind the steering wheel. Almost looks factory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts