The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of you are very car knowledgeable so I figured maybe I'd ask if anyone here has any idea what might be going on.

I have an older Honda Accord (130K miles) I use when I'm not driving the gas guzzling SUV or the Lotus. Anyway, the car has been acting up more and more recently. I noticed that if the clutch is dropped on accident, the car's engine doesn't want to start for about a minute or two. I very rarely drop (2-3 times a year) it but it's kind of embarrassing when I'm cranking it on a green light and it doesn't start. The clutch / engine problem was very apparent when I was recently teaching a friend how to drive a stick. He killed it multiple times, and each time it took about 2 min for the engine to fire back up. What does a clutch drop have to do with the engine not wanting to start? Another issue I'm having with the car is that the engine will not want to start up sometimes after I turn it off and back on within short period. (IE- run into a gas station for 30 seconds.) One of my friends who I consider fairly knowledgeable on car mechanics suggested vapor lock in the fuel lines. New fuel filter maybe? Are these two problems independent of each other? The clutch thing really gets me.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts