The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen on forcedfed a hondata gasket for the intake mannifold. has anyone tried this in comparison to the cometic gasket that s111 offers ? i am getting the katana it ad i was wondering is i should change it over the hondata for slighty bett temps. if anyone has any info...

thx guys !!! out forum rocks !! great knowledge in here !!:panic:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
OK I'll bite,
I do not believe the Gasket will make any discernible difference in AIT's and actually can be problematic for proper Torque of the Intake manifold especially if you are hanging a supercharger off of it because the gaskets will compress! My experience is I had one on my S2000 F20c fully built motor and I see no reason to put one on my Supercharged Lotus!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i also had sn s2k and although not much of a diference i thought it was good for that sum of money. nothing special i agree...now, reagarding the torque, i really don't know... but even a litlle cooler when supercharged i think its ok. anyway..thats not our point. if anyone has any experiences with either of these gaskets let us know... thx

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i also had sn s2k and although not much of a diference i thought it was good for that sum of money. nothing special i agree...now, reagarding the torque, i really don't know... but even a litlle cooler when supercharged i think its ok. anyway..thats not our point. if anyone has any experiences with either of these gaskets let us know... thx

OK I'll bite,
I do not believe the Gasket will make any discernible difference in AIT's and actually can be problematic for proper Torque of the Intake manifold especially if you are hanging a supercharger off of it because the gaskets will compress! My experience is I had one on my S2000 F20c fully built motor and I see no reason to put one on my Supercharged Lotus!
Do any one of you two have any hard facts?

Although not a Lotus Elise, I have the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket on the H22A Honda Civic. I also run the Hondata S200 System w/ DataLogging Enabled. It data logs Intake Air Temperatures and I have recorded its data on hot summer days on the tracks. I then put on the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket, and see if there were any differences on another day that was hotter than the original. Yes, once the engine is fully warmed up and the engine is running hard, the temperatures differ by a couple of degrees. It works, but not enough to really notice a difference in power.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
If you're getting a supercharger with it, I wouldn't. Many Celica people said it melted when hooked up to the supercharger.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alwrighty then...i will stick with the cometic gasket that katana kit comes with...

thx :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts