The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey LT! Hope everyone's day is going well. Last night I spent about 2 hours searching the forums and am struggling to get a definite answer on something. A lot of conversations on spacers, what classifies as "rubbing" and comparisons to the r6 but nothing concrete in regards to my question. I recently purchased the Sector 111 Ethos wheels in 15x7 and 17x8 for the track. What is this largest Hoosier A7 I could fit on those wheels with minimal rubbing and no spacers? From what little I found I believe I could fit 205/50/15 on the 15x7 wheel and 225/40/17 or 225/45/17 on the 17x8 in the rear? Could someone please confirm or deny this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have an exige and I run 225 45 15 and 245 40 17.

The rears fit with "no" rubbing with 38 offset and 14mm spacer and 3 degrees camber. I had previously removed the inside lip of the wheel well so I am not sure if it would hit this if it was still there. There is like NO extra space. If you run less spacer or more camber you will hit the inside frame rail.

The fronts rub the inside of the headlight area. I just riveted in some AL to the back of my fender liner and I am led to believe this will eliminate it rubbing through the light housing, time will tell. Fronts are 15x8 30 offset .190 spacer.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Fronts should not be a problem unless you are running the car very low (headlight housing rubbing as mentioned above). With those wheels/offsets, you will rub with the rear tire (225/45x17), which is the proper 225 sized tire to run vs the 225/40, IMHO. You probably could get away with a 4.8mm spacer and avoid rubbing with the 225/45/17.... Blackwatch or BOE have those spacers in stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts