The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post pics of my Hoosier R6's after 3.5 hrs track use as several folks have asked:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you can see the Left Front and Left Rear have some minor graining (aka 200 lbs worth of driver). Thinking a minor toe adjustment to correct.

Rear tires have some movement on the rim -- fronts are solid.

Otherwise, very impressed with how well these tires are holding up on the Lotus.

Rob.

·
Registered
663 Posts
To make my tires last longer I rotate and flip the tire on the wheel on the following schedule:

After one hour I put the tires that gets the most abuse in the position where they will get the least abuse.
After another hour I have the tires dismounted and fliped on the wheels (switch the insides to the outsides for those unfamillar).
After one more hour I put the tires that gets the most abuse in the position where they will get the least abuse once again.
Final step: run them till they cord or cycle out.

Hoosier tires are the best.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AZReason,

Sounds like a good plan, unfortunately I don't have free access to tire mount/dismount and balance equipment so your plan would probably cost me more (vs letting cord out) in the long run - tire dismount/mount and balance in my area is anywhere from $23-$32 per tire. But definitely a good idea if you have free access or your own equipment as that will make them last longer.

Since the rear tires are moving so much on the rim, I'll probably skip rear tire balance completely since it's pointless. But I'll continue to balance fronts as they don't move.

Rob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts