The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
boxerman
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size hoosiers go with the elise on LSS specificaly rears, 225,4517 or 225 40 17. MNy concern is one set puts more weight on the front than stock the other less.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Like usual, the answer is "it depends". Naturally aspirated Eliges usually run the 225/40-17 size to gain some gearing advantage. Boosted cars tend to run 245/40-17 to cope with the extra power. In all the instances I've seen, everyone runs the same 205/45-16 up front. If you're running stock LSS dampers & springs, you may want to think twice about running Hoosiers, as the stock spring rates aren't meant for that much grip and you'll be on the bumpstops more than not. Also, with LSS not being height adjustable, you don't want the shorter 225/40-17 in the back because then you run a bit of negative chassis rake and affect aerodynamic performance.

FWIW, the A6 compound tends to work better on the Elise/Exige, as the car is so light it can't get enough heat into the R6 compound.

Cheers

·
Registered
297 Posts
Too be honest I haven't a clue and from what I have read on forums, the same applies to many others.

This conversation seems to bring out the worst in people and their are more opinions than you can point a stick at!!

As Lotus have done considerable research to set these cars up, I would stick to standard sizes and diameters.

Only move away from this if you track and know what your doing.

My opinion anyway.

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
As Lotus have done considerable research to set these cars up, I would stick to standard sizes and diameters.

Only move away from this if you track and know what your doing.

My opinion anyway.

:confused::confused::confused:
Softy - If he is running the Hoosiers, then it sounds like a track set up.

·
boxerman
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went with the Yoko slicks, hard compound. The sizes seem right, The grip will be better that the 048's and in therory they will be more consistent through the day and over a number of days.

Will let you know friday my impressions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts