The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Newport Euopean yesterday and was told that my Elise is scheduled for port of Los Angeles on October 24. I was given a vin number, which from my reading on this site is very encouraging. It was estimated that the car will be ready for delivery on or about November 1. I was also told that NE has delivered 12 automobiles which is in keeping with my having been told from the beginning of the long wait that I was #16 on the list at this dealership. I got the impression that the folks at NE are doing the best that they can under the circumstances created by Lotus (manufacture, shipping, etc). Since I have been groping on this and other sites for information on delivery, it is hoped that this information will be helpful to others.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks and congratulations, you'll be driving your Elise soon, sounds like ! What color and spec are you getting ?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Vin Number

gjpbsp:
Congratulations on the vin number. I'm a little further off the list on NE as well. I was wondering if you were ever told of a build date? From what I gathered, the vin number comes AFTER the car is built. I'm just tryin to gauge the timeframe between build date and arrival into the Port of Los Angeles.
- dechien

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
color, specs

Starlite black, tour pack, sports pack, red interior; it will have the same color combo as my 58 Speedster, and I think will be about the same size and weight. 45 years has provided lots more power, however.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Build date, vin number

I called NE last week and was told that they had tried to get in touch with me and that they were unable; they indicated that the car was expected in Port on October 24, and that I would most likely get it on or about November 1. I asked about the vin number because I read about vin numbers on this site. I was told of my vin number, but there was no discussion about build date, so I am unable to help you on this. Looking at pictures of the Starlite Black posted today on this site, I am really excited about the coming delivery!

·
Registered
60 Posts
color, spec

Pictures please!:bow: Must see pictures! I too have ordered starlite black with red interior, touring option.

Of course, if you send pictures, I'll probably go nuts since mine won't be built until January (if I'm lucky)!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Congrats!!! What's your VIN? Mine is 557. I know mine is on the water but have no clue when it hits the port. PM me if you don't want to post the #. Thx! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
shinoo said:
Congrats!!! What's your VIN? Mine is 557. I know mine is on the water but have no clue when it hits the port. PM me if you don't want to post the #. Thx! :)
funny think is, my vin is 558, and my car was expected to hit land on the 9th of this month... I was told a hola'ween delivery or right then in that time frame, but still to this day my car has not been invoiced to the dealer yet..

shot me a pm if you have any questions.

Adam P

·
Registered
394 Posts
shinoo said:
how is your car optioned out?

i got co, lss, touring, hard top, starshield...

What are the chances that your car is co also??

Adam P

the name of our boat, if they are built in some sequence, is thte "SEA LAND ACHIEVER"...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Cool, we've got the exact same car minus Starshield. The close VINs would make sense with color batching, etc. I've been counting on a mid Nov delivery but now you've got my hopes up! :no: ;) :D

Adam, I hope you're right!!! :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
shinoo said:
Cool, we've got the exact same car minus Starshield. The close VINs would make sense with color batching, etc. I've been counting on a mid Nov delivery but now you've got my hopes up! :no: ;) :D

Adam, I hope you're right!!! :)
Let me know when and if you get your car, and ill do the same, hoping to pin point the time frame!

So, do I get any discounts on those tasty bits since our cars are identical twins, not to mention vin buddies!!

I need an orange shower cap for the car so that at work people cant look inside the car! Is there one made in orance, or black?

Adam P

·
Registered
389 Posts
My boat was at port on Sept. 27 and I still haven't got my car yet. It is slowly approaching one month. So I wouldn't count on a early Nov. delivery.

Sincerely,

Bubble Burster

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Adam P said:
Is there one made in orance, or black?
Orange is not available but Black is as well 7 other colors.

By the looks of your avatar, you'll probably be interested in one of the black nose badges I have coming in...

·
Registered
224 Posts
List Number?

Shinoo, Adam P and Il-Soon:
Congratulations to everyone with a new Vin Number.
What number were you guys initially on the dealer's list? I began at #29 at Newport European and believe I was still that number this past March when I faxed in my specs. Doug advised me a few months ago that I was about 13 spots down the list, and this was when he had only delivered about 11 or so cars. If you can let me know what numbers you guys were initially, it will help m e gauge as to if and when my order will arrive.
Thanks.
- dechien

·
Registered
394 Posts
II-soon said:
My boat was at port on Sept. 27 and I still haven't got my car yet. It is slowly approaching one month. So I wouldn't count on a early Nov. delivery.

Sincerely,

Bubble Burster
2 different ports with 2 different delivery times. The west coast port is aparently stoped up, with ships waiting out at sea to be unloaded... this is probably why you dont have your car...

The east coast, however is flowing fine, from what I understand. Some local texans got there car 2.5 weeks from the boat landing... I hope that trend continues.

Adam

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Adam P said:
2 different ports with 2 different delivery times. The west coast port is aparently stoped up, with ships waiting out at sea to be unloaded... this is probably why you dont have your car...

The east coast, however is flowing fine, from what I understand. Some local texans got there car 2.5 weeks from the boat landing... I hope that trend continues.

Adam
My wife flew into Long Beach a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at the shear number of cargo ships anchored off the coast waiting to be unloaded. She estimated there must have been as many as a hundred ships there. They weren't in a line, just anchored randomly.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
ChrisB said:
My wife flew into Long Beach a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at the shear number of cargo ships anchored off the coast waiting to be unloaded. She estimated there must have been as many as a hundred ships there. They weren't in a line, just anchored randomly.
:huh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts