The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished talking to the head guy at Criswell about Elise order status and here is the most recent and appears concrete info to date:
-first the duh...Lotus is now WAY behind production for more reasons than ticks on a dog...
-Criswell has just received the confirmation for the first 11 Elises they will be getting...this is the actual factory to dealer documentation..:
-11 cars in first order
-none have been produced
-production is slated for July with delivery late July into August
-the Elise confirmed are a mix match of colors..heavy on silver/titaium/blue... one ardent red and one yellow and one CO
-I am #13 and was informed that maybe Sept but more Oct for delivery
-no mention of delays associated with lights, LSS etc just simply they have not produced the cars

this is the first actual dealer from factory documentation I have heard about..Criswell is one of the bigger Lotus dealers and I think this info confirms allocations are staggered based on prior sales volume.
Just transmitting the info given so if you disagree plz don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When they say getting 11, none produced - I assume it to mean they are getting a demo on July 15th like everybody else but won't be getting customer cars until late July/August.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
michaelTT said:
-the Elise confirmed are a mix match of colors..heavy on silver/titaium/blue... one ardent red and one yellow and one CO
Hmmm... I am number 9 on the first order. And I ordered Chrome Orange...:clap:

Tim Mullen

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Donovan said:
When they say getting 11, none produced - I assume it to mean they are getting a demo on July 15th like everybody else but won't be getting customer cars until late July/August.
The plan is to have a dealer demo at every dealer on July 15th. Mixed in at some dealers will be some customer cars, but not at all dealers.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I wonder how they decided some dealers would get 1-3 customer cars and others wouldn't. You would think Criswell would get at least one. Aren't they one of the larger dealers?

Doesn't really matter, we are all doomed.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
A lot of what was planned by Lotus USA did not happen. As I mentioned, Lotus UK moved the build around to make sense as far as painting in batches, and because of part issues like the LSS cars. Things became changed from the original plans.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting 11 Elises from July thru August appears>>>

to be a high volume for the higher selling dealers..so Tim it looks like your car might be to you in two months...assuming that orders 1-8 don't have a CO in them.
Oh yes...was also told that Criswell will be getting soon..very soon..one of the Elises making the rounds around the US...BUT..you will love this...can not drive just look at and sit in just to have customer know they recognize size of car and fit...what can I say:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Can anyone detail those 11 cars as far as order combination? I was #14 when I first put down my deposit; however Tom took my order with Batch #1, as he said that he had drop-offs that put me down around the #10/11 spot.

My approved financing runs out on 9/15.. and I'm going to be really pissed if that happens. If it runs out, interest rates are sure to be higher, thus making the car more expensive.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Genjuro said:
Can anyone detail those 11 cars as far as order combination? I was #14 when I first put down my deposit; however Tom took my order with Batch #1, as he said that he had drop-offs that put me down around the #10/11 spot.
I was number 12 - the drop-offs made me number 9. I ordered with the first batch - Base model with Chrome Orange.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
TimMullen said:
I was number 12 - the drop-offs made me number 9. I ordered with the first batch - Base model with Chrome Orange.

Tim Mullen

Oh boy... I seem to remember Tom telling me that there was only one CO in the first batch. This could be interesting. That would put me at #11 behind michaelTT. If what michaelTT said is true, them I'm right on the fence. What he said about silver/STi is good news, as I'm a STi with red/black and touring. I didn't get the LSS package.

I've been trying to call Tom for the past couple of days with no word.

Have you had any luck Tim?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Genjuro said:
I've been trying to call Tom for the past couple of days with no word.

Have you had any luck Tim?
Nah... I'm patient I called for the first time several weeks ago. I figure I'll be the last of the first group, so I still have a few weeks, even if they started delivering them tomorrow...

Tim Mullen

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Elise Production

HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!! I spoke to Lotus UK this morning and the schedule is not that far off at all. Lotus is holding some of the Demos because we dealers ordered a wide variety of colors and Lotus USA, with GOOD reason, wants to deliver the demos all at the same time. My demo is VIN # 30007 and is already sitting stateside just waiting for the slow pokes and other odd demo colors to arrive. I also have VIN numbers on many of my first deliveries. I have several others that are already on the production line. It's all part of what we signed up for. These are hand built cars that are manufactured in small numbers by craftsman and will be well worth the wait. There's good news also...............All the articles and rave reviews you are reading about the Exige is exactly what we are getting with our new cars if you ordered the Sport Package. The only difference is the rear wing and some body work. The performance will be identical!!! It is a US car with the Sport Package ( which is not even offered in the UK unless you buy an Exige ). I have VIN numbers and Lotus order numbers on many cars. Don't think that all dealers have the same allocation as Chriswell does. Some have many more on the way!!!! BE PATIENT!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
didnt we read from some of our members who visited the factory how Lotus was cranking out loads and loads of the exige for some series over there? :( Maybe thats where all the parts went for our LSS cars ? Either way Im very saddened that my car wont be here for months now.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Elise Production

Mark Starr said:
HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!! I spoke to Lotus UK this morning and the schedule is not that far off at all. Lotus is holding some of the Demos because we dealers ordered a wide variety of colors and Lotus USA, with GOOD reason, wants to deliver the demos all at the same time. My demo is VIN # 30007 and is already sitting stateside just waiting for the slow pokes and other odd demo colors to arrive. I also have VIN numbers on many of my first deliveries. I have several others that are already on the production line. It's all part of what we signed up for. These are hand built cars that are manufactured in small numbers by craftsman and will be well worth the wait. There's good news also...............All the articles and rave reviews you are reading about the Exige is exactly what we are getting with our new cars if you ordered the Sport Package. The only difference is the rear wing and some body work. The performance will be identical!!! It is a US car with the Sport Package ( which is not even offered in the UK unless you buy an Exige ). I have VIN numbers and Lotus order numbers on many cars. Don't think that all dealers have the same allocation as Chriswell does. Some have many more on the way!!!! BE PATIENT!!!!!!
Hey just curious what the color your car was. I think all of this waiting is jsut silly. I mean, build the cars, transport the cars, and then deliver the cars. It is like a game of keep away!:huh:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
'My demo is VIN # 30007 '

Is this VIN number internal to Lotus, not the one the insurance company needs. Can you provide the VIN number to your demo for insurance purposes?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just guessing

the Vin# is probably

SCCPC11194HH30007

But I'm guessing from previous posts.
It could be also

SCCPC11195HH30007

If it's a 2005

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Oh oh oh... the closest thing yet to a real VIN number!
I'm feeling all tingley.
Don't feel tingly until after you see if it's right. Second thoughts, it's your body, commence feeling tingly

·
Registered
739 Posts
HOW REFRESHING it is to see a dealer stump up with some factual information.

Lotus, take note, one of your dealers just acted in a more professional manner than you seem willing to do.

Bravo Mr Starr, Bravo.

:clap:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts