The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Hoping to do an October Barber or Road Atlanta weekend

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KenRK 
#1 ·
Absolutely love Barber and the Lotus is geared perfectly for that track but leaning to RA as I’ve only ever done touring laps there. Any suggestions for a club to get in touch with or particular event? Probably 5-10 of us looking to make a late season roadtrip south from Chicagoland.
TIA!!!

#4 ·
CHIN is the way to go. More $ but well worth it in track time and running environment.

#5 ·
Ill be at RA, AUG 23/24 and Oct 18/19, Barber Aug 2/3 and Sep 20/21.

I will be a newbe to Barber this year but have done RA several times. Hit me up if you have any questions. XHILR8N/Bob is the master at RA!

Stick with Chin, professional and they run a tight show! Remember the Novice classes with Chin fill up really fast, don't delay on sign up day.

#6 ·
I'm looking at October 18-19 too. Thanks GP but I'm hardly a master behind the wheel anywhere. Have a few hundred laps at RA and some of them are competent at best.

So maybe a bunch of us can meet up and hoist a Lotus flag!

#7 ·
Appreciate and totally agree with the Chin feedback. I had the chance to work with them a few years back as the check-ride-before-you-can-go-solo-instructor-guy (I think that’s the technical term) while they were running at Autobahn Country Club. Very impressed with Mark and company, reminds me a bit of a group up this direction called Laps Incorporated I’d love to run with them again and would not hesitate to sign up for their events.

That said, we’ve already run into some conflicts with a few key guys in the group for the October dates and it’s looking like we will be heading to VIR (yes, I know that wasn’t even on the list) as we can do two 2-day events back to back for a total of 4 days of track fun between Audi Club and Track Daze in an effort to justify the long commute.

Again, I do appreciate the feedback and will be sure to look up XHILR8N as we make our way to Road Atlanta someday, hopefully next year either as our season opening or ending trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.