The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! Looking forward to get a used Lotus and join you all. I am currently in a 370Z roadster and have been lusting for a Lotus for a long time. Hopefully with forum members' help, I will learn more about the car and purchase one soon!

·
shay2nak
25,035 Posts
well you came to the right place.

good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! You will happier once you pull the trigger and buy a Lotus. What model are you looking into?
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I am trying to figure out which one is right for me, Elise/Elise SC or an Exige/Exige S. I am reading through some of the threads to figure out what the differences are (difference options, specs..etc). Any suggestions or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Here is a little background. I had a 1998 Prelude (greddy turbo upgrade) but was sent to state smog check so I had to put everything back to stock. Then, I leased a 2006 Miata. I really like way it handled but it was lacking in the power department, so I got a 2010 370Z roadster (current). While I love the power, 370Z doesn't feel nimble as nimble as the Miata. And here I am on a Lotus forum! Suggestions? Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Welcome,

Based on your past cars:

Supercharged variant of either vehicle...only because you said you had a turboed prelude and the 370z power band.

So either the Elise SC or the Exige S...just depends on the budget and what you think looks good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome,

Based on your past cars:

Supercharged variant of either vehicle...only because you said you had a turboed prelude and the 370z power band.

So either the Elise SC or the Exige S...just depends on the budget and what you think looks good.
Thanks for the input. Is there any difference between the two vehicles besides the power such as handling? Any year to stay away from?

I plan hitting up cars and coffee this weekend in Irvine, CA to check out some forum members' cars and meet some cool people. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts